General Need some help

Sparse

Hey Guys, I looked and looked however i can not find what I'm searching for. I built a dfc 450 T-Rex, and i am about to go get a radio and finish up. since the super combo cost a bit of money I am most likely going to get the dx6i. how do i bind it up with the 3gx, it may seem like a silly question but I'm kind of new to helis. no video i seen has this info. every video i saw was bind and no 3gx. I need some help.

callsign4223

Staff member
Make sure the dx6i is on the correct model first, then turn it off.
Make sure the heli is unplugged.
You will need to put the bind plug into the bind port of the 3gx.
Then plug in the heli, the lights on the 3gx should be blinking
On the dx6i hold the bind/trainer switch on and turn on the dx6i
It should say binding and when it finishes the lights on the 3gx should be solid.

Hope this helps.

Sparse

if i dont have a satillite can i just ues a reciver ? and when binding am i pluging the reciver into the 3gx also.

cn63bug

If you're using the dx6i, you will need to use a receiver. This is because you would not be able to use your gyro setting in the radio because of its only a six channel radio. The 3gx handles the tail gyro on channel 7 when using a sat. When I was using the 3gx with my dx6i, I bound the receiver, then connected the receiver to the 3gx and had no problems. Trouble free flying and had control over my tail settings through the radio.
Hope that helps :)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure the dx6i is on the correct model first, then turn it off.
Make sure the heli is unplugged.
You will need to put the bind plug into the bind port of the 3gx.
Then plug in the heli, the lights on the 3gx should be blinking
On the dx6i hold the bind/trainer switch on and turn on the dx6i
It should say binding and when it finishes the lights on the 3gx should be solid.

Hope this helps.

You must use a separate Rx when using a 6ch Tx.

The video below explains the wiring you will have to do. I have a DX8 and couldn't really finish this setup on the DX6i, but I think you will get the idea. If you can splurge a bit, get at least the DX7s so that you can just run the satellite Rx's. But if all you can afford is the DX6i, we can still get you in the air.

Rc-Help - 3GX Setup Guide Part 1 Mounting & Wiring

Sparse

Hey guys here is an update, My boy is coming over later he is selling me a dx7 not 7s a dx7 with a carring case reciver the mannual and maybe even a satellite for a 150.00. you may say wow thats a good deal, but at the same time it should be caues he is my friend.:victorious: i wish i had more friends like that cause i may have got out of the cost of the 450 pro :tyrannosaurus: but unlikely but if i would have got the dx6i it would have been the same price as what i am paying for the up graded one.

Top Bottom