Near miss with trees

nearly lost her AGAIN here in a FFF, gave it full throttle and let go of cyclic, she just pulled up out the way of the trees.. phew

go to 0:55 in vid, trees at 1:06

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Are you trying to do a Jamie Robertson move, from Heli masters? Striming the trees :D

Are you trying to do a Jamie Robertson move, from Heli masters? Striming the trees :D

Haha, yeah I thought I'd give it a go Lee.... Well I've strimmed the fruit tree in the garden, so why not those big one...Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

That's some really good flying, Tony! I do hope that you keep at it despite the accident the other day.

Thanks Derek, I've watched it over and over again, and I think I'm getting a bit too confident... Haha, but some good FFF...

I should do some SLowFF... It's brilliant when it shoots past you though, great feeling...

I've done nose in flying, nose in hovering, love the heli when she's working..

Thanks for the confidence booster though, means a lot

Derek

Well Tony...the fact of the matter is this.....crashes are going to happen. There is nothing that you can do to stop it. Whether it be a fault in the electronics or a simple "Dumb Thumb" moment......then gravity takes over (whether you like it or not, lol)...and, well, you know the rest.

What do you do when you fall off the horse? Ya dust yourself off and get back on.

I have faith and confidence in you. Your 450 will be back in the air. :twothumbsup:

nice bit of flying there mate heli looked good in the air

Thanks Kev, pretty awesome stuff man... It's a great feeling when it's flying like that, loads of enjoyment...

- - - Updated - - -

Well Tony...the fact of the matter is this.....crashes are going to happen. There is nothing that you can do to stop it. Whether it be a fault in the electronics or a simple "Dumb Thumb" moment......then gravity takes over (whether you like it or not, lol)...and, well, you know the rest.

What do you do when you fall off the horse? Ya dust yourself off and get back on.

I have faith and confidence in you. Your 450 will be back in the air. :twothumbsup:

and on that LAST note Derek, shes ready for flight AGAIN, fortunately i had the parts in to replace everything. feathering shaft, main blades, tail rotor assembly, main gear.... haha, all done, total addiction, considering i left it in the field last night and came home.... i soon got her back...lol

its blowing a gale today.....always something to stop ya....

im off to france tonight so ill catch ya all tomorrow, hopefully have some good FPV's of some coastlines, Pyrenees etc etc

Thanks Kev, 2 weeks flying, hmmm the chances of it coming back still working is remote... Hahaha... I'll still be online at daughters and hopefully posting some good vids of France...

murankar

Staff member
Nice come back after 2 crashes. You moving along just fine. It remands me of Marious and how quickly he caught on.

Ken Jackson

Hey Tony, I'm a fan of FFF. I've gotten away from it since I moved. If your going to do 3D stuff you want to stay fly in a shorter field, mainly for perspective. I found I was always doing my really cool stuff when I was furthest away. Anyway I've been away for a while and just getting back. Your going to have to get used to crashing. My 500 is on build 22. I've had mechanical failures and mostly just pilot error. But its been fun.

Ken

Nice come back after 2 crashes. You moving along just fine. It remands me of Marious and how quickly he caught on.

Thanks Matthias.. Well I've just got settled in at daughters in France, and we now having a thunderstorm.... Typical eh.... No flying today...haha

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Tony, I'm a fan of FFF. I've gotten away from it since I moved. If your going to do 3D stuff you want to stay fly in a shorter field, mainly for perspective. I found I was always doing my really cool stuff when I was furthest away. Anyway I've been away for a while and just getting back. Your going to have to get used to crashing. My 500 is on build 22. I've had mechanical failures and mostly just pilot error. But its been fun.

Ken

Thanks for that Ken, I think it will be a while before I'm doing any 3D, I'm quite enjoying the FFF's and stall turns at the moment, I'll just be sticking to this type of flying for a while until my confidence with orientation etc gets to where it becomes a thoughtless effort... Takes a lot of concentration, especially nose in...but I'll get there, slowly haha

I've crashed mine at least 9-10 times so far, well I now have 9 main gears all toothless...lol

The hobby is far too addictive to just give up, the adrenaline rush is great.. I can't go too far afield because I lose sight quickly, age you know.... Lol

Ken Jackson

Yeah I hear you on the age thing. I'm 53. One of my flying buddies a year older flies his 700 so close it scares me. I never fly nose in. I'll come close but I always stay just far enough that my brain doesn't have to flip. Works for me anyway. I've also found flying RC planes has really helped me with orientation.

Yeah I don't think I'll ever give it up. Guess I'm in my third year now and I've spent a ridiculous amount of money learning but I'd do it all over again.

Yeah I hear you on the age thing. I'm 53. One of my flying buddies a year older flies his 700 so close it scares me. I never fly nose in. I'll come close but I always stay just far enough that my brain doesn't have to flip. Works for me anyway. I've also found flying RC planes has really helped me with orientation.

Yeah I don't think I'll ever give it up. Guess I'm in my third year now and I've spent a ridiculous amount of money learning but I'd do it all over again.

Well I'm 60 in December. Started this hobby far too late, wish I'd started 30 years ago. I started in January this year, like you spent a fortune learning...and will continue to spend, spend...

Top Bottom