NAZE 32 Unable to Boot

EyeStation

Hey there guys.
New to the NAZE thing and picked up two for my existing projects. I got an Acro V.5 for the BlueSkyRc FPR250 mini, and a Naze32 V.5 Full for the TBS Discovery frame.
I am a bit familiar with OpenPilot and the CC3D control board, so I felt diving into these would be somewhat easy.
Well about two days of learning finally got my Acro to connect to BaseFlight and Clean Flight programs. I kinda liked the visuals the program was providing with vibration analysis and motor power sliders.
So, while I am on the positive side of the learning curve, I toss the NAZE 32 board on and try to connect.
The software shows the port opening, (same port and USB cable as was used on the Acro load), then timing out without a response from the bootloader.
So I go and pull out the NAZE 3.0 manual and follow the links to Putty, Hercules and the MultiWii softwares. And each of those will open the port but not exchange any information. I am not putting the Acro on there to test because I know that one is good at the moment and don't want to ruin it.
My Naze 32 now sits connected to the USB cable with a Solid Blue led and a slow flashing Red led.
Touching the Boot pads on the board before power up yields the same response.
I am in a bit of a pickle because I ordered this with the right angle pins. I had to solder these on myself. Not being familiar with this setup, I probably should have opted to test this prior to soldering the pins. Now I fear my soldering action may have voided my warranty. I have a word in to my E-Bay seller about the situation, and waiting to see if he will accept a return in any way.

Any help or suggestions proving this board is good or bad would be appreciated.
(Trying to upload a video from the phone of the Baseflight window during flashing)

Thanks
Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Just got this from by seller,
"Sorry you are having problems. Couple of things.
I assume you had already installed the driver for the board.
Board will not connect if firmware is not up to date
You don't need to connect to flash the firmware. Just plug the board in and flash.

Call me tonight if you have problems I can walk you thru the process.

If it does not work, the boot loader could have got erased or corrupt on failed firmware update. I can teach you how to fix that too. "

Looks like my learning has only begun.

Stambo

I have installed and set up 4 of these without an issue, but there is plenty of information available out there.
What I had to do with one of the new boards is use Baseflight configurator and update to the latest version of baseflight.
Then use Cleanflight configurator and update to Cleanflight.

EyeStation

That was what I had to do to the Acro. I really think I should have nailed it in the times I tried. Gonna let my brain settle on a couple of cold ones and watch the Blackhawks tonight and start somewhat fresh in the morning.

EyeStation

Well the Hawks did not win, but I scored over my NAZE32.
I took a chance and re-flowed the solder on the Boot pads. Any time prior to this, I never got the solid blue led while shorting the pads and inserting the USB cable.
Then I checked all four boxes on the firmware flasher page of Baseflight. DL'd the latest firmware, shorted the boot pads with a jewelers screwdriver, and plugged in the USB cable.
I got the solid blue led, and the progress bar confirmed the flashing process.
This was the first time I checked the "Slow Speed" option, so not sure if it was bad Boot pad surface or the need to check all four options in the flash method.
Thanks again for your willingness to solve this by phone. I was contemplating getting a video Skype call set up.
Thank goodness I don't have to do that now.

Top Bottom