450 NAZA H Expert NEEDED

I am building an AIRWOLF 620 (actually pretty much finished) but I want to use the NAZA H system on it. SO I have taken my HK450 and equipped it with all align servos, a turnigy SBEC, turnigy motor and Orange 9 channel rx and now, the NAza h SYSTEM minus the BEC. I want to get this less expensive bird off the ground with this system before i trust my airwolf to it but I am having a HORRIBLE time trying to decipher the manual or ANY online instructions. I cant get past the "setting up a channel for the three modes (manual, ATTI & GPS)" It speaks of using the Tavel Adjust AND the END POINT travel to move sliders on the SOFTWARE ASSISTANT screen and I am just clueless at that point. ANY help appreciate or even guidance to a video but i have REALLY scoured the net just to come up empty. Thanks again guys!

murankar

Staff member
If it's anything like the zyx-s then the end points in the tx will need to be adjusted so the slider reads 100% at both ends. Then the trims or sub trims will be used to read zero when the sticks are center.

I know with the zyx-s after all that's done then in the software you will adjust the sub trims to adjust the servo horns to 90°.

I have not used the naza-h so I am not exactly sure what's going on with it. It just sounds just like my zyx-s.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Ok, ive made it a step further (a BIG step) and now can register in the MODE. It tells me to set up a 3 position switch for the MODE selection. I have, and NOW when I go into the ASSISTANT software it registers when i hit the newly set up 3way switch. BUT when flick the switch to NORMAL the software tells me to "adjust supb-trim and endpoints until the selected mode turns blue" (in the software). I adjust the subtrim for channel 7 (where this switch is setup) and BINGO the selected first mode (NORMAL) turns blue. SO now I flick switch to mode ATTI (2) and adjust subtrim once again and IT changes to blue. Repeat with the third switch (GPS MODE) and it turns blue. THE PROBLEM, though is that after each mode and trim adjust the subtrim no longer is the same for the previous mode so the ONLY mode that works is the LAST one that I do because each time I adjust the SUBTRIM the PREVIOUS mode changes are destroyed. I guess what I am asking is ... is their SOME way to adjust the trim separately for each mode on the SAME channel??

WOW, IM gonna be the NAZA expert! haha. I figured it out. if anyone has questions about the NAZA setup feel free to ask as I am now past the HARD parts and moving on. Cant wait to get this up and THEN onto the Airwolf.

Well the instruction say (during MODE setup of the MANUAL,ATTI & GPS modes) to use a 3 way switch and then with USB plugged in, move the sub-trim (on channel 7 where I setup the 3 way switch-F on DX9) until the pointer in software turned the MODE to BLUE. The solution was to FIRST set up the middle mode (Mode ATTI - switch 2) by going to SERVO SETUP/SUB-TRIM. You then go to channel 7 and start scrolling the wheel on Tx until the pointer in software moves into the ATTI mode box and turns it blue. That was easy but then when i went to do the next one the ATTI would go away. Thats because I tried to AGAIN use SERVO SETUP/SUB-TRIM to scroll to next MODE box. What I in fact discovererd was after setting up the FIRST mode (the middle one in the software - ATTI mode) using SERVO SETUP/SUB TRIM you THEN go to SERVO SETUP/Abs Travel. You then hit your assigned 3way switch to the first position (MANUAL MODE) and this will move the selection box in your DX9 to the appropriate (top) set of numbers for you to start scrolling which will move the software pointer to the next mode (MANUAL MODE) and turn IT blue. Now (while staying in the same screen on your Tx) put the 3way switch into the 3rd position (GPS MODE). Now the lower set of numbers will be selected on your Tx. Now just scroll again until the pointer turns the final (GPS MODE) box blue. You NOW have all MODES set for your NAZA-H system and can go on to finish software programming pretty much by just following on screen instruction. Hallelujah. My next video better be me hovering this 450 with no hands on sticks. ;)

Last edited:
travel adjust for the top and bottom position modes and then subtrim for the middle position?

Yes :)

- - - Updated - - -

Now that everything SEEMS to be ready i have a problem with the motor spinning at about 25% with no input upon power up? Throttle hold stops it but with TH off it starts to spin and will increase with throttle input but will not go to zero??

I dont know what this means (other than i have too much time on my hand) but in trying to figure out how to get my motor to quit spinning up before throttle is applied I found out a setting that allows just that! But i dont know why. I found that if I went to SERVO/BALANCE (DX9) there are 7 values on a straight line that can be set. By setting the second value (all are preset at 0) to EXACTLY -32 my throttle no longer spins up until actual stick input and seems to act normal now!? It doesnt work if I change any other value on this screen, just the second one and only at -32. ???

No. I don't. It's an older Turnigy 55a set to defaults (of two years ago). Guess I'll hunt around for how to program/set it.

danhampson

The usual way to calibrate the throttle end points on an ESC is to turn the Tx on, put the throttle to Max. Power the heli up and you should get some beeps then lower the throttle to 0, this should give further conformation beep/beeps. Unplug the heli and repower heli, this should have saved the throttle end points.

All this should be done with all blades removed (as Tony would say, safety first).

Hope this helps you out.

Top Bottom