My weekend fun with no flying.

murankar

Staff member
Here is my build of the baby blender by flitetest. This build took me almost 6 hours once I started mounting and cutting the templates. The over all build was rather easy for the most part. Just make sure that the tail of the plane assembles in line with the body of the plane. Next make sure the tail is assembled square to the air frame and things will go smooth.

My goal is to make this a four channel with two ailerons vs. the single channel ailerons. I will be using a gensAce 2200 mah 25C 3S pack. My esc will be the dynum detrum 35 amp. Servos will either be T-pro mg90s or the Turnigy clones. My choice of Motor is going to be urnigy D2836/9 950KV Brushless Outrunner Motor and I am thinking of using a 10x8 prop.

babyBlender - YouTube

Motor
servos
Prop
Control Horn (not sure if these are the right ones for this plank)
Possible ESC

Need some control rods and something to make lading gear with. I was thinking a coat hanger for the landing gear. I was just looking at the parts list and it showed an 8x4e prop, was wondering how big I could go, 10x8 might be to big.

Tony

Staff member
You don't sound too excited about this lol.

For the prop, you can use as big of a prop as your motor can handle. Just check it with a watt meter.

And just an FYI, the number of channels is Motor, aileron, elevator and rudder for a 4 channel. If your not going to use a rudder, it's technically a 3 channel, even though you will be running 2 aileron servos, or dual aileron.

murankar

Staff member
I am going to run all control surfaces with all there own servos. I want 4 servos in total, along with every thing else.

The wife was nearby and I was trying to stay a little quiet, embarrassed i guess.

Tony

Staff member
It takes a little while to get over the fact that you are pretty much talking to yourself. Well, to the camera which is an inanimate object lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Just another member sucked into the scratch building club lol. They need some color though lol. When are you going to order the electronics for both of them?

murankar

Staff member
Not sure yet. Waiting for income tax return. The motor I have selected should work for both and the servos I have now can go on either build. I would like to get another ESC, one for each plane. I hope to get some color during the week. Thinking burnt orange for the blender with silver stripes. The RCH trainer will need to be built over since I did not watch the videos again prior to build. I am thinking something along the lines of blue.

The next question is when is the maiden, well not sure. Soon so I can crash it.

The blender took three sheets of foam and two poster boards. The poster board is used for the templates and for the turtle deck.

Lee

Looking good dude. I love multi wing planes. I think flying planes got my orientations working better on my helis.

Derek

Looking good dude. I love multi wing planes. I think flying planes got my orientations working better on my helis.

Yeah man!!! I've been considering making that Baby Blender too. Just a cool looking plane!

Hey Lee...I would have to say the same thing you said....flying planes definitely helped me with my heli orientations. It's been a real treat to fly these inexpensive scratch builds and I really do believe that it's a bit of an "orientation tool."

murankar

Staff member
I totally messed up the build. I rushed it and didn't rewatch the videos prior to build. My glue joints suck, very sloppy and rushed.

So the kids took it and tossed it around and they had a blast doing so.

Derek

I kinda did the same thing with my build. I'm not totally happy with it but it's for the wife's lessons, so we'll see what she can do with it.

That's awesome that you gave it to the kids and they had fun just tossing it around.

Top Bottom