My skillz are terrible, but they got the job done!!!

murankar

Staff member
Today I decided to work on some hovering and moving around in the air. For some reason I am still not dialed in yet. I made a gyro adjustment early in the video. Dropped it two points to 58 from 60. Through out all three batteries I was continuing to add left cyclic trim.

Weather for this session was clear, sunny and mild breeze to light wind. I had a few points during the flight that I kinda lost control but regained it back. I also had a bunch of random acts of unpredictability. I guess this is normal for beginners.

[video=youtube_share;r6GO2OEQ3L0]http://youtu.be/r6GO2OEQ3L0[/video]

Morelight

Fearless Freep
That is a scary bunch of pavement. She seemed a little twitchy, but you are stilling getting her dialed in. Good job Matthias, and the video is nice quality. Keep them coming please. :loyal:

murankar

Staff member
I'll try to as time permits. Today she wanted a crap load of left cyclic trim for some reason. So I was compensating for it on the stick. Almost ever landing I would add a few clicks of trim. Still not leveling out. I have one video which needs rendered which covers the last two batteries for my morning flight. Today was the first real attempts at hovering and moving and with the dramatically changing wind did not help. I would have a light breeze then it would kick up enough to cause in issue with lift or the lack of. My sim does not have the greatest wind engine so I don't use it. Once I start to loosen up during my flights I think things will calm down. I was doing the proverbial "White knuckle" hold on the tx.

Thanks a lot for the vote of confidence.

murankar

Staff member
I have a 10 min vid rendering now. It will take all night for it to load up. anyhow when the vid changes to battery 3 listen to the spool up. You can barely hear the change in the tail rotor.

Thanks Lee.

Tony

Staff member
Try uploading them in 720p and not 1080p, it's half the file size, and very close to the same quality. All of my videos are in 720 because of the size of the files. Even with this new interwebz I have, it's too much.

As for the video, you are coming along great bro. I was going to get a new helicopter shortly, but with having to replace my fuel pump in my Camaro yesterday and my laptop today, I'm more than tapped out on money unfortunately. Maybe, just maybe, if I can get some shirts made up, I can get the money together to get one lmao. You know, for the sites sake :chuckles:

murankar

Staff member
Ya, I know all about that. I want the x-cell but have to wait for now. in the mean time check out the next two flights
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom