My Progress videos

murankar

Staff member
Today's installment includes flights 7 and 8 while I was at Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA). This is an alright place to bring the kids and family. For $2 (military Id) I got in at noon and left at 6:00pm and boy it got dark quick. I want to post this video first since the sky looked so nice. I will post flight 6 tomorrow sometime, I need to do some minor edits and render the video.

[video=youtube_share;7WJL5KdhPBk]http://youtu.be/7WJL5KdhPBk[/video]

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Looking very smooth. Since the days get so short I put LEDs on my helicopter so I can fly at sunset and still see. Here is a pic of an older version but I am using the same light set up on my current helicopter. I added a second battery because I wasn't concerned with weight but you can use the same flight battery and just use the two outside pins of the balancing cable.

Ken

DSCN0368.jpg

DSCN0368.jpg

EyeStation

8 batteries in one outing, I am jealous. I can also see that the tail in return looks like my same "save" move too.
Great smooth flights.

murankar

Staff member
Thanks fir the tip. Something else to look into.

Heck I am jealous of myself. I don't know when I'll be able to do that again. :lol:

It felt great to get out and just fly fir 6 hours. Had the kids with me so that made it that much better.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
Here is flight 6. I know they are going backwards sorry. That's just how I rendered them.

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Was not to bad manageable and flyable. If I had to guess it was probably close to 5 to 10 mph gusting. It was not a constant wind just a gusting. Locking in the side in flying is my goal for the time being so don't expect to many videos. Once I get that locked down I will progress towards going nose in.

Funny thing is I know how to work the sticks, I just get nervous when that nose come around. I want to have my skills locked in (all orientations) before I get home. Maybe get to flying figure eights and circuits.

damhdearg

Gusting can be worse. Nice one that's absolutely the way to practice, once you know every orientation, when you try something more "flashy" and get in trouble you already know how to control it however it ends up.
A tip I got from one of Bert K's videos was, when happy with side in hovering,have the heli around 2 o clock from you then turn yourself 90 degrees, so your sort of nose in without moving the heli. Its hard to explain but I found it helpful and less nerve racking than moving the heli to nose in. Gets you used to seeing it like that.
Good luck and look forward to seeing more videos man.

murankar

Staff member
I can't to get more posted. There might be an icharger 106b+ in my future so more flights in one day.

I might try that trick. I do fine in the SIM it's just doing it in real life I have problems, same with flying in ovals.

More practice I guess.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom