Micro My Nano CPX suddenly loses power intermittently.

I need more help. I have found this is the best place to find it..... This is my only CP heli, which I hope to invert someday. Right now, I am just learning to fly it. I have made much progress, but I have had problems with it lately... I have flown it enough where I have changed the main motor and made other repairs. Recently, it started to just shut off. This is intermittent. I pick it up and start over. It will be fine for awhile and then will do it again. It just drops to the ground. I thought it might be the main motor. I already had the brushless upgraded motor, which I installed. The performance increased dramatically, but I still have the same intermittent shut off of power occasionally. Any ideas about what could be the problem? Board?

Lee

Check for any loose connections, bad solder joints.
Or may be a dying tail motor, drawing too many amps???

Sorry for the late response. All the sudden I have had to relocate to an apartment. Had to pack up all my helis. Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out when I get settled. ....How can I tell if the motor is drawing too much amps?

Tony

Staff member
Hope everything is going okay. Doesn't sound all that great having to suddenly pack up and move.

It will be Ok. That's what I get for moving into my girlfriend's house. Thanks for asking about. I got a good apartment. Making the move Friday. But I got to figure out where I am going to fly though. I have been doing it in her big backyard. :)

pvolcko

My ncpx started doing the same thing. In the end I called horizon hobby and they sent me a replacement control board. Others have had the antenna solder joint go bad resulting in loss of signal. Others had bad power connection solders. In my case something on the board itself went bad and ended up causing power up/init problems.

Top Bottom