My first decent attempt at Piro Flips

Lee

Ok so i've tried a couple of times before but never got my head around it. Always seeing videos of helis doing an air bourne chicken dance. It was hard to follow. But last night something clicked.
Tell me what you think? And where i can improve (directed at Jamie :D )

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
those half piros looked really good bro. Now you just need to have a buddy ship you your 600 so you can try it for realz :biggrin1:

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I loved that the sim shows the sticks in the upper left ... I think I just learned a WHOLE bunch in that little clip! Great looking flight Lee :D

Lee

Don't look too closely at the sticks Paul. The cyclic is reversed. :D I have calibrated it now to show the correct direction.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Don't look too closely at the sticks Paul. The cyclic is reversed. :D I have calibrated it now to show the correct direction.

No worries. I would have figured it out soon enough. I just didn't have a clue how to even contemplate making a heli do the things you do. Now at least ... "I have a clue". Yup, just about enough of a clue to be dangerous, lol.

jamiem

They looked great for your first attempts! I'd be pleased with those pal :) The only slight (and I mean very slight!) pointer I could give you is that it looks like your not fully completing the cyclic stir on the bit from inverted back up to the right way up. It looks like your missing the forward elevator section as you are finishing with the tail well down. Push the elevator forward a little earlier (rather than when you've finished the move) and you will be set :)

Lee

Great Thanks for the tip Jamie. I really wish i could fly with you guys. I'm a watch and learn type of guy. It would do my flying the world of good. Maybe i'll get to pop by if i head back to the folks house this summer.

Top Bottom