Micro My Blade 120SR has gone "piro-maniac!"

Okay Guys, I brought out my trusty Blade 120SR for a "fleet" pic for the Members Forum yesterday... while I had it out I decided to fly around some! Flew her around for a couple of batteries with no problems. Long story short, now all she'll do is "pirouette" to the left, counter-clockwise very fast spinning!? The main rotor is spinning clockwise, as per the manual and the tail rotor is spinning counter-clockwise, also as per the manual.

Would the tail rotor still spin, just not at it's full rate to counteract the main rotor, and therefore it needs to be replaced? Or might I have a "main board" problem that's causing this? I've never had a moments problem with my 120SR, so I'm at a loss...

Look forward to hearing from you all and thanks for taking the time to read my post!

All the best!

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Lee

Check for hairs or something around the tail shaft that may be slowing the motor.
It could be the motor is dying. They do burn out quite regularly if flown a lot.
Check the connection to the board, wires are intact.
Other than that I'm not sure what else it could be.
Good luck.

Thanks, Lee
Believe it not, there was a very long hair (my wife's) wrapped around it! Removed it and tried to see if that was it, and the main motor died! Only tail would spin and it seemed okay...
So, gonna replace the main motor and probably the main shaft, swash and head to be sure there's nothing else going on...I've had this heli for awhile and never replaced anything on it, except a blade or flybar. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help and the fast response...you guys rock!

All my best,

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Lee

You're very welcome,

Ok, so the fact the main motor died, was probably drawing so much current, the tail was not getting any.

cml001

Good call.. I burn up this tail motors often.. But I love it.. Lots of fun in tight spots or open air!

Top Bottom