My aquarium

callsign4223

Staff member
Since Tony is showing off his new saltwater setup I thought I would show off mine too.

This is a 55 gallon, semi planted (1 real plant at the moment), freshwater tank. It currently houses 1 longear sunfish, 1 green sunfish, and the newcomer 1 smallish pleco. I was trying to keep it a native tank, however there aren't a lot of native algae eaters that can stand up to the sunfish I have in it. I used to have about 2 dozen lake caught minnows in it, they lasted about a week until the first time I forgot to feed the sunfish, then they became food.

I am thinking about trying to grab some large minnows from a bait shop to get some schooling fish to finish the tank off. I will also be adding some more native plants to replace the plastic ones.

Here is an overall shot of the tank, the longear is the big one in the front, you can barely see the green on the bottom right side and the pleco on the top left.
Photo Dec 03, 6 15 46 PM.jpg

Feeding Time!!!!!!!!!!
Photo Dec 03, 6 15 43 PM (1).jpg

Here is the Green
Photo Dec 03, 6 15 58 PM.jpg

Here is a closeup of the Longear from the front
Photo Dec 03, 6 16 09 PM.jpg

Here is a closeup of the Longear from the side,
Photo Dec 03, 6 16 17 PM.jpg

Here is the Plecos belly
Photo Dec 03, 6 16 29 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 15 43 PM (1).jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 15 46 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 15 58 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 16 09 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 16 17 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 03, 6 16 29 PM.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Looking good bro. It's still no saltwater though hehe. However my tank has taken another turn for the worst. Well, the fish anyway. More in another post. As for yours, you need to add some carbon to that tank and it will help clear it up and get that haze out of it. I'm looking every day to find out when my lights will be here, and when they are shipped and put on the tank, I will stick the fresh water lights back in the T5 unit and we will seal this deal.

callsign4223

Staff member
The haze is actually from me dumping 25 pounds of gravel in 30 minutes before I took that picture. It has already cleared up this morning. The longear is a male and he has been nest-building. The gravel was so shallow that he had completely cleared it to the bottom glass in about 4 places.

And hurry up on those lights!!!! I wanna see the LEDs in your tank.

Tony

Staff member
i would hurry if I could. They have not even shipped the damn things yet. I sent them an email just a little bit ago expressing my disappointment in their lack of speedy shipping. If they don't fulfill my order by the end of the week, I'm going to just cancel it and order the tank controller.

Top Bottom