My 2nd Attempt...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. After watching Tony doing flips with his new quad, I figure it was time for me to give it a try. My first attempt didn't go well :). You can say that WWE has nothing on me when it come to pile driving my quad into the ground Lol. After figuring out where I went wrong, I went for my 2nd attempt. It wasn't to smooth but that will come in time. Still I had a blast. Can't wait til i attempt a roll. Then when I grow some, I'll attempt flips and rolls with my goggles on Lol.

Tony

Staff member
When you are flipping a quad, you must lower the throttle otherwise it will try to drive you into the ground. If you watch my video, I was being overly cautious in my flips. I would punch out, lower the throttle, wait for it to reach the peak of the punch out, then do my flip or roll. It sounded like you were in idle up on that thing. It didn't sound like there was any reduction of throttle.

It sounds like you are in AIR mode (heard the bounce when you landed) so you don't have to worry about losing control at 0 throttle. Just do a small punch out, lower the throttle down, flip and recover. Just like you would on a helicopter.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Tony for that information. Yup I was in air mode. I will take all that into consideration when I go play again. This is a first for me. You mention just like a heli, Hmmm I'll have to remember that. Too cool.

Tony

Staff member
I think it is easier than a helicopter, but the throttle stick movements is almost the same, just no negative pitch lol.

Derek

Yep...that's very true. Think of it as a helicopter but with no negative collective. Punch up, chop throttle, flip/roll, add throttle to catch it and recover. Flipping and rolling is awesome with the goggles on. Take it up good and high and give it a rip! Great fun!!!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there. Derek turn me onto a neat video the other night. I went out back with my quad and tossed it around for a few. Around 1:11 mother nature try to get me down but I saved it and kept on going :)

Top Bottom