My 130xx gentle flight

Slobberdog

Well guys here it is a video of me flying, yes you can read right, I am posting a video of me flying,

I made a primitive mount for my iPhone as you can see here,
image.jpg

So I took it out and tested it, seemed to work Ok, a bit breezy though but I love it,

So without further ado, and babbling,

[video=youtube_share;0xkX6c74m-M]http://youtu.be/0xkX6c74m-M[/video]

Hope you like!

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Yes thanks Dan, hat cam mount worked well I think.

The wind with the 130 was good but you can see it lifting and flattening it sometimes, plus it was coming into my face mainly, but I had turned the head speed up to 85% and she feels brill.

Ken Jackson

Nice flight, loved that full backward high speed pass, that rocked. Sure looks to me like your ready for a forward loop, thought a couple of times you were going for it, your right there. Are you doing those smack downs on purpose? (Close to the ground) Thought you were gonna hit a few times. Good stuff but when you try some loops I'd stay up high, Lol.

Ken

Slobberdog

When the wind affects it, it can drop like a brick, you just have to be quick to catch it, plus it is quite light so gets shoved about a bit, but got her set up wicked and she feels nice at the moment,

Loops won't be long, gonna start bringing down the expo so I get a bit more response to the initial stick movement, at the moment its set up not to react quick and moves to far back when you try to loop or flip.

Ken Jackson

Yeah the wind does bounce the 130x a bit. I am using the book D/R rates on mine. I went to all metal tail gears which is awesome. But was having problems with my nose drifting left. Tried everything then all of a sudden my tail servo just died. So I'm guessing it was the problem all along. Want to get it fixed, the 130x is very fun to flip. Don't know about holding an inverted hover, bought mine used and the tail has always drifted on it. Your tail looks rock solid so I'm hoping a new servo will fix it.

Ken

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Yes tail very good now, like all the linear servos you need to clean them once in a while, I just bought plastic safe switch cleaner to try next time,

Mine is full metal now and dfc, at one point in that film it was hands off for a couple of seconds in a hover,

I have mine set up at 45% expo at the moment, and as I said gonna start lowering it down a few clicks a time till I get it to 30 ish, not in a huge rush though as I am having a ball with this heli.

Top Bottom