Murphy's Alive!!!!

Tony

Staff member
I kept seeing Murphy (Align 600 Nitro converted to DFC) sitting on top of my aquarium, and when we had to do a water change, I had said that I would not put him back up there. So Murphy sat out in my garage for a while as I have been doing videos and I just had to get that year old fuel out of him.

So what did I do? I fired him up. It took a bit to get him started, but once I did, he just rumbled to life.

All of this is thanks to Matt (Callsign4223) that helped clean the dust off of Murphy, and man was there a LOT of it lol.

I have since removed the gyro from this helicopter so I can do a video on it with the 450. It's just easier than trying to get that 600 on my small table to shoot the video. But the gyro will go back on it if I can find out why the gov sensor is not working.

Here is the video of Murphy actually running!!!

[video=youtube_share;cdku_w7_LbU]http://youtu.be/cdku_w7_LbU[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Oh yeah, there was a headache, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Thankfully.

Im Still Trying To Decide If I Want To Do THE Ikon Videos on the 450 or if I want to do them on the 600... just not sure. I know I need to figure out why the gov sensor is not picking up. I have no clue there. Anyone have a sensor laying around?

murankar

Staff member
You know the 450 is ready for the air, the 600 as most of us know is a bit crippled. I say do it on the 450 but I would love to see it on the 600.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
As for running gear, the 600 is solid. If you remember right, I completely rebuilt this helicopter with all DFC parts. The only thing that is really "hurt" is the engine, and even with the internal damage, it's still running strong. And if it does ever crap out on me, I have another engine to stick in it.

The engine does need to be tuned. It's running hella rich right now, but I can do some quick tuning to it and get it ready for the Ikon maiden.

The only thing that I'm worried about is 1. space, and 2. getting it to fit in the frame while shooting the video on it.

All I know is the Ikon is definitely for the 600 and that is what it's ultimately going to be put on. The 7200bx is working amazingly on the 450 and I would hate to screw that one up even though I could keep all of the settings as they are, and just create a new model.

But I tell you what, hearing that thing run again feels quite good.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I'm not a close in flyer, I'm more of a "big air" pilot. And big air with this thing is a LOT of air.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, I'm not a close in flyer, I'm more of a "big air" pilot. And big air with this thing is a LOT of air.

That gas heli video give me an idea what to do with my old weed wacker, LoL Nice heli, doesn't the neighbors say anything? about the noise.

Tony

Staff member
I live out in the country where there are no noise ordinances. I could fire this thing up at 0300 and no one can say a thing. Love it out here.

Derek

Yep...same here, definitely! I love the big air moves and sounds. Even during take off's and landings, I'm not very close to my 600.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I was watching a video of doing a hover test of the BX and I was less than 5' from the helicopter in teh air. All I can think now is "what in the hell was I thinking" lmao. But I'm sure it will not be the last time with the limited space that I have. Don't have my AmA this year so can't get a membership to the local club. so I have been keeping my eye open for a new place to fly.

Top Bottom