Projects Motro Recommendation For Rc-help Trainer

I just started making the RC-Help Trainer V3. Plans call for a 2215-1300 Exceed Rocket motor. I currently have two Turnigy motors which I can use.

Turnigy D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor
Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV

Thanks!

Which one would be best do you guys think? Prop ideas for each one?

I am adding a landing gear with Bush size tires and some FPV equipment.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
The Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV should work just fine. The props below are what is suggested on the hobbyking website.

Prop size: 7.4V/11x7 14.85V/7x3

I'm not sure what you are asking. Can you be more specific?
I was just curious if you had a specific motor recommendation, one that Turnigy makes. If not, I will play with what I have. I do appreciate your feedback. I guess I was not very clear with my last post :)

Basically I am making the Trainer from the plans on this site. I do not have a motor that the plans call for. I am just looking for options :)

Tony

Staff member
If you take a look at the first page of the plans, you will see that it states 1000kv 60g. This is just a basic guide on what motor to use. Your motor that you are wanting to use is 1100kv which is a little higher, hence the smaller prop than what is suggested since it will be spinning faster. The 60g weight of the motor is again just a general number that I have found to be pretty close to what this plane requires. Yours is 70g so it again should work just fine.

If I was to look at all of turnigy's stock, which I'm not going to do since I can find way more things to do in the course of a month lol, the motor you listed would be one of the top motors that I would suggest.

And with foam planes like this, it's not really an exact science. It's more like throwing spaghetti against the wall... You just see what sticks and run with it lol.

So to break it down, give that motor you have a shot and see how it does. I think it will do fine, but only one way to find out.

If you take a look at the first page of the plans, you will see that it states 1000kv 60g. This is just a basic guide on what motor to use. Your motor that you are wanting to use is 1100kv which is a little higher, hence the smaller prop than what is suggested since it will be spinning faster. The 60g weight of the motor is again just a general number that I have found to be pretty close to what this plane requires. Yours is 70g so it again should work just fine.

If I was to look at all of turnigy's stock, which I'm not going to do since I can find way more things to do in the course of a month lol, the motor you listed would be one of the top motors that I would suggest.

And with foam planes like this, it's not really an exact science. It's more like throwing spaghetti against the wall... You just see what sticks and run with it lol.

So to break it down, give that motor you have a shot and see how it does. I think it will do fine, but only one way to find out.
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

Top Bottom