Motors Motor wires snapped

Lee

Guys, One of my tricopter motors pull out of the mounting while flying. One of the wires has snapped away from the motor. Is it possible to solder them back together? How accurate do they have to be to work correctly?
Motorwires.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Oh wow. I'm not sure what you mean by "accurate", but they can't touch another pole on the motor or it will short out. I have done this before, it's a PITA, and it's not worth it... I would just order another motor is you can

Lee

I've ordered two more, but dont want to wait for HK to send them if i can fix it.

Tony

Staff member
Well, I see 6 wires in the main wire bundle, and only 3 on the armature. If you are to fix this, you will have to find the other 3. There is a coating on the wires that you will have to scrape off, then solder the wires back together. But, you will be a bit short on wire from the pic. If I had it here, I could probably do something with it, but without seeing it first hand, there is just no way.

Lee

Ok i finished rewiring it. :D
attachment.php

100_2186.jpg

Keith

I think it needs more solder...A lot more solder....

(Got my KK board today Lee, Started building Tricopter Mk 2, that was until I sliced through my finger and the wife has banned me from the garage..Doh..)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee that motors looks great! Now put some high voltage current through two random points..

FREE FIREWORKS!!! :D

crashbash

Now all you have to do is find a bigger outer casing for this and your all go. Maybe just maybe you have come up with a new brand to rival Scorpion motors you could call yours THE SPIDER

Rob

Top Bottom