600 Miniature Aircraft Interceptor

Geena

Staff member
I`m just about finished with my Miniature Aircraft Interceptor build. The Interceptor is a 620 size gasser, which was designed around the OS GT15 engine. It`s not released yet, so only a few of us have them right now, while we finish testing it. Mine is just about ready to go. All I have left to do is put the receiver and governor sensor in, and set it up. So....I should be flying it this weekend. I will have a full build thread on my website very soon, and I`ll post it in here too.

Attachments

• IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1961.jpg
    IMG_1961.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 7

Geena

Staff member
Looks nice, I like the yellow skids. Sort of reminds me of the old Schluter Superior with no boom supports. What controller are you using? did you ever switch to Fataba?
I didn`t think I was going to like they yellow canopy when they first told me that they were sending one to me for testing. But After getting it build, and seeing it with the blades on, I quickly changed my mind. They sent me two sets of skid struts with it. The yellow ones, and a set of white ones. The white ones looked great, but the yellow ones just pop.

I did try a Futaba CGY755 on my contest helicopter, but I didn`t really like it. It developed a drift in the cyclic and in the rudder, and a couple of the other F3C guys suggested sending it back to Futaba to be looked at. I got it back a few days ago, but I`m not going to be putting it back on my helicopter. I don`t trust it now.

I had a Bavarian AXON on it originally, and it just doesn`t have the tuning capability that I need for F3C competitions. The AXON is perfect for 3D and scale flying, but really lacks when it comes to precision hovering maneuvers. I ended up putting an old Bavarian Demon 3X that I had lying around, because I need to practice. Believe it or not, it`s absolutely perfect in the hovering portion AND the aerobatic portions of F3C flying. So I`m going to keep it on the helicopter, and compete with the 3X.

That should make Bavarian Demon happy, even though they said I can compete with another system.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Good choice on the yellow struts. Yeah, I agree. Stay with what you're comfortable with. I have the 3X you helped me with and after getting right I really like it. I also have an Axon new in box that still wanting to try eventually.

Geena

Staff member
Good choice on the yellow struts. Yeah, I agree. Stay with what you're comfortable with. I have the 3X you helped me with and after getting right I really like it. I also have an Axon new in box that still wanting to try eventually.
Yeah, I`m really happy that the 3X is working out for contest flying. I was feeling a little guilty about using the CGY755, even though Demon gave me permission to use it. I just feel better about competing with the brands I represent. Not to mention that the 3X/AXON/3SX are WAY easier to set up and tune than the 755 is.

If you like the 3X, you`re really going to like the AXON. It has a governor, vibration analysis, and bank switching capability.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Howdy Geena :). I do envy you for the opportunity you get to try out all these nifty helicopters and electronics. I'm glad that you get the chance to before being introduced to the public. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress :arms:BTW Linda said HI :).

Geena

Staff member
Howdy Geena :). I do envy you for the opportunity you get to try out all these nifty helicopters and electronics. I'm glad that you get the chance to before being introduced to the public. Keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress :arms:BTW Linda said HI :).
Thank you, Ivan. Yeah, it`s kinda cool to be able to be part of the test team with some of this stuff. I`m really hoping top have it ready for the first flights this weekend. I`m going to get on the setup right after dinner tonight. Tell Linda I said hi, and give her a huge hug from me. :)

Top Bottom