450 Mini Titan 3GX setup questions

zambeezi

Hi.

I'm in the process of upgrading my V1 Titan to FBL but need some help.

Last night I installed new DS430M digital servos and started setting the heli up. I've started with a new model on my tx and at this stage I've only got the rx and servos connected and made sure everything is at 90 degrees (using sub-trim). Before I go to far I want to make sure I going in the right direction as I don't want to do things twice. I don't have any issues setting up a "normal" head but was just wondering if I do the same when setting up a FBL head. I've loads of video guides on setting up the FBL system but not when starting from scratch... as in starting with the tx settings.

Equipment: DX6i, AR6200 and 3GX.

Tony

Staff member
You need to reset your subtrim and do everything in DIR mode on the gyro. Go ahead and connect up your gyro to the RX and follow my videos on setting the gyro up. Below is the link to the videos. The first video will help you with the wiring. Just follow along and ask questions as you have them.

http://www.rc-help.com/content.php?360-3gx-how-to

zambeezi

Thank you for the quick response. I think I'll just reset the model and start fresh.

So I guess the gyro handles all the servo centering? That makes setup so much easier

Tony

Staff member
It does and it doesn't. Of you leave your settings how they are now, it may or may not be the same with the 3gx. It's always best to just do it through the gyro.

zambeezi

I think I'll rather goes through the gyro. It will make trouble shooting easier. Not that I expect issues but you never know...

Thanks for the help so far!

Top Bottom