450 Microbeast Version 5 Trex 450 Setup

Alex Evans

All video clips I have seen until now, are describing earlier versions, not 5.
Hope you can point me to a relevant clip

Thanks

leedude1

I took a quick look at the manual and there appears to be difference like set up point G and H are reversed in order. My ar7210bx point "G" is servo centering (so your leveling) ...and "H" is swash plate mix ( 90,120 etc) and in the V5 manual these steps are reversed so there may in fact be other subtle differences although each step in and of itself are the same in terms of what each is doing.

If I may suggest, download the ar7210BX (or ar7200bx) manual, as Dog and I and all the videos you are watching are relating to OUR present manual and machine, however as I stated above the steps are the same but the order may be off. eg; our "G" is YOUR "H" and our "H" is your "G" the titles and heading are very similar so you should be able to locate what is what... mark your manual with the corresponding letter from ours..so when watching a video like the one here or I believe Gregor Mcgrath from Amain has a good one as well. You can then understand and properly reference whats going on, or what can be expected in each of your steps even though the sequence shown in the videos would no longer be as linear and may require you to forward and reverse the video to get the your next step but will ultimately get your though it.
Once you've walked through it the first time you'll be golden and wont need the video reference as the learning and understanding of the point will have been had.

Alex Evans

I took a quick look at the manual and there appears to be difference like set up point G and H are reversed in order. My ar7210bx point "G" is servo centering (so your leveling) ...and "H" is swash plate mix ( 90,120 etc) and in the V5 manual these steps are reversed so there may in fact be other subtle differences although each step in and of itself are the same in terms of what each is doing.

If I may suggest, download the ar7210BX (or ar7200bx) manual, as Dog and I and all the videos you are watching are relating to OUR present manual and machine, however as I stated above the steps are the same but the order may be off. eg; our "G" is YOUR "H" and our "H" is your "G" the titles and heading are very similar so you should be able to locate what is what... mark your manual with the corresponding letter from ours..so when watching a video like the one here or I believe Gregor Mcgrath from Amain has a good one as well. You can then understand and properly reference whats going on, or what can be expected in each of your steps even though the sequence shown in the videos would no longer be as linear and may require you to forward and reverse the video to get the your next step but will ultimately get your though it.
Once you've walked through it the first time you'll be golden and wont need the video reference as the learning and understanding of the point will have been had.

My initial problem with the setup was not the G/H swap - I just followed the steps in the V5 manual.
My problem was that I was unable to START at all. THe instructions I have seen so far said that I need to hold down the black button while turning power ON.

But, when I do it that way - the flashing lights continue running, never stopping to get te steady status light.
The ONLY way I managed to start the setup was by doing the following :
1) Turn power ON
2) Push the black button
Then, it runs as expected... But which way is correct? Please consider - Version 5 before answering

Thanks again

Admiral

A bit confused myself, I though that when we finish the Skype call on Monday that servos & gyro were all working and you were waiting on 8 channel Rx, Swash Tool and blades to finish it off.

Alex Evans

A bit confused myself, I though that when we finish the Skype call on Monday that servos & gyro were all working and you were waiting on 8 channel Rx, Swash Tool and blades to finish it off.
Well, once I get the other missing bits, I intend binding the new Rx and start all over again

Cheers

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Holding the button down and turning on power puts you in the receiver setup menu not the setup menu. Im no expert by no means but I have setup many V5s. The correct way would be to turn on the power, let it initialize, then press and hold the button to enter the setup. That part is the same though V5

Alex Evans

Holding the button down and turning on power puts you in the receiver setup menu not the setup menu. Im no expert by no means but I have setup many V5s. The correct way would be to turn on the power, let it initialize, then press and hold the button to enter the setup. That part is the same though V5

I am confused... what is Receiver setup menu?

Thanks

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
In other words, receiver setup meaning a single line receiver, standard receiver, PPM ect. It defaults to standard receiver so you wouldn't have to worry about that at all if your waiting on a 8 channel rx I presume is a standard receiver.

Alex Evans

In other words, receiver setup meaning a single line receiver, standard receiver, PPM ect. It defaults to standard receiver so you wouldn't have to worry about that at all if your waiting on a 8 channel rx I presume is a standard receiver.
I received my new receiver - Spektrum AR8010T .

What I do is:

1) Bind it to my radio
2) Connect the 4 servos + throttle / power cahhnel via an ON/OFF switch to the relevan plugs in it
3) Check for correct direction (I already setup the control rods to the correct length)

If all OK, I disconnect the cables and set it all up with my Microbeast V 5 instruction manual
Then, start the setup of the A...N beast

Is this process OK?

What Receiver setup do I need to do if at all?

Cheers

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Normally you would not connect any servos till after steps A,B,C, and D. I have not used a AR8010T yet so I don't want to misguide you in any way. If your using all three supplied cables like in the picture, then the microbeast is defaulted to a standard receiver and you should not have to worry about that step.

375px-Standard_RX.png

Alex Evans

Normally you would not connect any servos till after steps A,B,C, and D. I have not used a AR8010T yet so I don't want to misguide you in any way. If your using all three supplied cables like in the picture, then the microbeast is defaulted to a standard receiver and you should not have to worry about that step.

View attachment 22848
But, I still need to bind the new receiver, yes?
Why not have the servos connected? I don't see this in the MicroBeast setup instructions

Thanks

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes it will be bound before. You want to set the frequency for the servos before you plug them in. Just a good habit to get into. The system defaults to 50 which should be safe for most servos. Check step B down at the bottom where it says:
Servo connection:
After setting the correct update frequency plug in the swashplate servos, but do not install the servo horns yet as the servos could bind and get damaged on first power up!

Alex Evans

Yes it will be bound before. You want to set the frequency for the servos before you plug them in. Just a good habit to get into. The system defaults to 50 which should be safe for most servos. Check step B down at the bottom where it says:
Servo connection:
After setting the correct update frequency plug in the swashplate servos, but do not install the servo horns yet as the servos could bind and get damaged on first power up!

Thanks so much, I am determined to understand all of this, as long as it takes

Cheers

Top Bottom