450 Microbeast V5

Alex Evans

I am watching setup videos on YouTube, especially the one with 15 parts,step by step.
In Step A, it shows the setup for vertical placement, pins to the back in RED
But my little card that came with it, shows RED to be for horizontal, pins to the back.

Which is the correct setup?

Thanks

Matt

Red is horizontal pins to the back.. the card that came with the Microbeast Plus is right..

When you plug in the battery and hold the button it enters the RECEIVER MENU

When you plug in the battery and don't hold down the button it initializes, then hold the button down to enter SETUP MENU

Initialize the Microbeast Plus then press the button briefly to enter PARAMETER MENU

I don't use the governor but if N in SETUP MENU is not OFF then it will enter governor MENU

If you use the governor your ESC needs to have a lead to transmit the motor RPM to the Microbeast Plus (usually it is 1 wire coming from the ESC)

Last edited:

Alex Evans

Hi Matt,

I have never used the RECEIVER MENU, is that mandatory?
I am not set for Governor, where do I check this?

The only mixing I have on the Radio is Cyclic>Throttle

The manual shows to have each stick only moving one function, but looking at my radio - when moving the pitch channel, going up with the stick, it moves my Throttle, Ailrone and Elevator channels (Set for Mode-1, throttle and Pitch on the same stick on the right)

So, how do I set the radio to move only the Pitch channel? THe swashplate needs to move at the same time elevator and and ailrones.
Or should I remove the mix of Cyclic>Throttle? If II do that, how will the throttle work?

Thank you

Matt

Don’t change anything for mixing

I’ve never used mixing so they should all be inh (inhibit)

I believe mixing is for airplanes

the pitch is the pitch of the blades so all 3 servos should move up and down together

throttle, pitch and rudder are on one stick and aileron and elevator are on the other stick

mode 1 I believe is different than US which has throttle on left and aileron and elevator on right

I believe receiver menu sets the type of receiver used. I’ve got a satellite on my so I set mine to blue

at this point I wouldn’t worry about a governor. Use this throttle curve

Normal mode: 0, 75, 75, 75, 75
Stunt 1: 85, 85, 85, 85, 85
Stunt 2: 95, 95, 95, 95, 95

pitch curve:
Normal mode: 46, 48, 50, 75, 100
Stunt 1: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100
Stunt 2: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100

I’d say step 1 is to set the receiver type and bind the transmitter to the receiver. Once that’s done go into the SETTUP MENU and set those parameters to the right values based on you servos and any other hardware

Last edited:

Alex Evans

But, the manual clearly says that each stick movement should only move one channel, which is confusing.
Yes, in mode 1 - throttle and pitch are on the right stick going up / down. Sideways on that stick operates the Aileron
My question remains, I skip stage one - RECEIVER MENU, is that OK?
I am using Spektrum DX9 Black and AR8010T Spektrum receiver

Cheers

Matt

When you move your sticks do the servos move? If yes, you are bound to the transmitter and can skip the RECEIVER MENU and go to the SETUP MENU

this might help: it’s the same thing as the Microbeast. It’s an older version but the only difference is in SETUP MENU letter J

Last edited:

Smoggie

Also make sure you don't have swash mixing set in the transmitter. For most flyberaless controllers swash type needs to be set to 'Normal' or 'single servo'. Swash mixing is done in the flybarless controller itself.

Having 120 deg (for example) swash type selected will cause the channels to mix as you are seeing in the Tx

Alex Evans

I managed to get a bit further, the question is now - MUST I do all the steps, or can I skip some for now (I am waiting for a new Pitch gauge).
I used my mobile phone app on the 600, but for the 450 it is too heavy ...

Cheers

Matt

You can skip over some of the settings but I wouldn’t fly it until all the setup is done and it’s 100%

Matt

You will know when you first spool it up if something is wrong. Spool it up slowly and watch for possible setup errors

Alex Evans

Well, before I get a pitch gauge, I can't think of any further action. In step I, it say I have to set the blade to 6 degrees. To do this, at what point should my collective stick be?

Thanks

Matt

Collective should be at zero pitch

when you go into the pitch settings in the transmitter you can find 0 pitch by moving the stick and watching the number under the graph. Also there is a small line that moves

Last edited:

Alex Evans

Hi Matt,
One comment you made to me along the way, resolved the problems I had. In the Beast manual, it shows the section of preparing the TX and the page where I have to define the swashplate type. In my mind, the instructions are incomplete.

The Trex 450 has a 120 type swash, that is what I set my Spektrum to be, the picture in the manual has on it all the options, but DOES NET stress that I MUST set it to NORMAL for the whole thing to work... Once I changed it, all the rest went though...

I have one problem left, my 6 degrees is at 6.3 and no blue light. I will try to reduce the length of the control rods by one trun and see how it goes. How important is that Blue light?

Thanks again

Matt

That’s one of the changes since V4. If you adjust the linkage there is a way to get a blue light..

Alex Evans

I did and got it.
When I am done I intend sending Beast some comments on the manual and intend writing a review for new guys like me...
Cheers

Top Bottom