Micro MCPx vs 130x

callsign4223

Staff member
I have the MCPx, and I love it. I was thinking of selling it and a spare DX6i I have and buying a 130x for the real tail. The one major thing holding me back is the fear of crashing the 130x. I know if I crash my MCPx I pick it up, put the links back on, push the gear back up, and it's good to go. Anyone have any idea of the sturdiness of the 130x? If I'm gonna break parts every time I crash I will stick with the MCPx until I am quite a bit better. If it's gonna be as sturdy, then I think I am gonna go ahead and upgrade.

Tony

Staff member
the 130 is brushless with a TT tail. Comparing it to the mcpx is apples and oranges. HIghter head speed will equal more damage if you don't cut the throttle. There really isn't any comparison. mcpx is lighter and will take a crash better. I would keep the mcpx, sell the other DX6i and get the 130 if you want it. But not to replace the mcpx.

Lee

I agree with Tony. Keep the MCPX. I have no first hand experience with the 130X, but its not as delicate as people first thought, as long as you're quick on the throttle hold. If i have some spare cash, i would like to get one to keep my MCPX company :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey I have some experience with 130x now... I don't have one. Friend does. Flew it around... He crashed it twice in front of me. It's not as delicate as you think. Its no mcpx that's true just like tiny and lee said.

But it's not just another heli which'll break on the first little touch. It's a tough little heli also.

Now I think it's got enough power! It's beautiful! I upgraded my mcpx to BL just when it was coming out, if I hadnt I would have had one for sure. 130x flies much more like a 300... Much much stable in a hover and very smooth.

As far as agility is concerned man it's fast ... Once you have it going in one direction, it's a train, it wont budge and it will be fast. Not a very beginner friendly heli per say as its a bit fastens relatively twitchy because of higher head speed and all. That's why they are not coming as a rtf version. Talked to a rep, he said that's why they are only bnf...

Great for a heli AFTER Mcpx.

It is and I am not just saying my opinion but an opinion of a lot lot lot of people I have read posts of and talked to.... It is one of the best helis that blade made and THE BEST in its class :)

Comparing mcpx and 130x ... How good of a flier are you? :) :)

Remember one thing with all these no matter how much power you have in the motor, collective management is the key to these birds. And that's cheapest learnt on mcpx :)

callsign4223

Staff member
Hmm, definately have to think hard on this. Most of my crashes on the mcpx now are cause I'm not being careful or trying something new. I really don't think I need 2 micro class Helis and the 130x would be a better trainer for learning new moves I think. I just don't want to get it and then find out that crashing it when trying to learn new moves becomes really expensive. I know keeping the mcpx and getting the 130x is the ideal solution, but unlike others here :) I don't really want a huge fleet. Prefer to keep it small and often flown.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahahahahah I understand!

130x would be a bit more expensive to maintain than a mcpx but definitely not bear as much as like a 300 or 250 or 450... I would keep both. That doesn't make a big fleet. ;)

Mcpx could be thrash around bird, and you could learn to fly in a way that you donot crash a couple batteries on it. Doing what you know can you fly that bird confidently a couple batteries and not crash? If you can then it's good to get a 130x ... 130x will be relatively less expensive to learn tricks on and less intimidating. But if you can manage your collective and power on mcpx then you can do it on any bird cause you hear the motor and the blades slow down and you get used to noticing that stuff.

It's confusing, but definitely 130x is on top of my wish list! I'll definitely get one... ;) just have to wait a bit. ;)

Adam

I have never had the mcpx and the 130x is on my christmas list i would just go get it now since it is in stock on the shelves at my LHS but i would rather be surprised with it.

Top Bottom