Micro Mcpx v2 bits

EyeStation

Hey Kev, I have had the main gear not pushed up towards the swash enough causing that sad droop. More noticeable at throttle speed when the blades lift the shaft out of the swashs throw distance. And I have noticed my older batteries balance charge but last only 2 minutes , gaining no more than 3 inches of lift. So your RPM's should pick up with the fresh LiPo.

Slobberdog

Well got a new swash in the post today, wished it had got here Friday but them the breaks I guess.

So it will be fit tonight level it up and see if the old girl will fly.

Have new battery to check as well just to see if all the old ones I had been given Are a bit limp,

But let's hope for the best, fingers crossed

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe how well these little pieces are machined

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well set my old swash up level and zero at centre stick, found a novel way to do it on the net as well,

[video=youtube_share;FyR2psNuUak]http://youtu.be/FyR2psNuUak[/video]

And a quick video of the test flight not the steadiest control but not got used to it yet, this is on the old batteries and old swash as the numpty I am left the new one on my desk in work, one thing I have found is the blade grip bolts come undone very quickly so have had to snug them up for now, another order after I finish this post I think

[video=youtube_share;yOS0xCyxSYw]http://youtu.be/yOS0xCyxSYw[/video]

And a couple of pics of the work in progress. First is in the dark

image.jpg

This next one will change as I am putting blue blades on this bird

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well ordered the last bits to get this girl flying well, and a bit of colour change as I don't really think pink is my colour, just need a few batteries to replace the tired ones I got here at the moment,

Had a few batteries tonight and the more it's being used the more the main motor seems to be freeing up, and coming back to life, even if it is only hovering around the bedroom,

Feels quite stable in the air after you get used to how it moves,

I got to say its gonna be nice to have an armchair heli I can just fire up in the house to have a little addict time.

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad this thing is working out for you. Maybe you should pull the motor, hit the bushings with some alcohol and then oil them and try it then. Sounds like you may have some old thick oil in there.

I'm thinking about getting something else to fly around the house here soon. Just not sure I can quite yet. Still trying to get into our house.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, its been sitting around gathering dust for a while, so yes could have had a bit of dried oil in there, but seems to have a little more power than it did when I first spooled it up,

glad its not taken too much to get it flying but still put out maybe 45 bucks but that's a lot cheaper than a Trex 150 would have cost, as only want it for the use in the house.

bit gutting on the electricity with the house, but will soon be sorted in the new year. then hopefully things will settle down for you,

Slobberdog

Well progress report, I got four new batteries today charged them up and while I was waiting, I installed my new white KBDD undercarriage and pearl blue main and tail blades, plus some new pitch links, to replace the sloppy ones that was on there,

image.jpg

Just have a few more little bits to come in, blade grips as the bolts come loose in these ones easy, feathering shaft as I thought it might be a bit hard to get those diddy bolts out, and a new tail boom with motor as I am not quite sure on the one I have now.

On the up side, one old battery tried before the new one, and it was quite flat, but the new one has much more pop,

The old ones will be ok for hover orientation practice in the house over the winter, which I hope to nail nose in, lol

image.jpg

Last edited:

Slobberdog

The more I cycle the batteries the better they seem to be coming back, power wise that is, flight time just hovering orientation work in a small room I'm getting 4:45 avg over 6 batteries, I can live with that,

Slobberdog

I'm glad this thing is working out for you. Maybe you should pull the motor, hit the bushings with some alcohol and then oil them and try it then. Sounds like you may have some old thick oil in there.

I'm thinking about getting something else to fly around the house here soon. Just not sure I can quite yet. Still trying to get into our house.

Well Tony got my bearing oil in today, with a nice shipment of other bits and pieces, plumped for the Heli Option bearing oil,

so done the motor bearings and main shaft bearings as well as the swash bearing on the Mcpx,

now it sounds so much more smooth and seems to have eased the force to turn the motor a little, put it in the air with a used battery and it seemed to just have a good bit of pop it was lacking before,

Next to do the bearings on the 130x and 450.

Top Bottom