Micro MCPX Upgrades / Repairs

Tony

Staff member
If you get the keychain, get a good #11. It shoots in 720i or p, and it much better than the #3's or whatever.

Marc

I finally got around to really giving the mCPx a good flight after lengthening the tail boom by about 3/4 of an inch from stock, using solid 2mm CF rod. What I've noticed is that there is now what seems to be excessive vibration to the point flight is no longer smooth. I guess this is where adding some tail braces might come in? I cut the rod back to stock length and all but a little vibration remained. I'll test it outside tomorrow.

Also this burshless upgrade is coming in tomorrow http://www.wowhobbies.com/thesteveblsinglechannelconverter-3-1-4.aspx. It includes a new tail motor and tail blade so the above point is probably not important anymore. I'll post a video of before and after flights.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
You shouldn't get any more vibration out of 3/4" more tail. Do you have a chip in one of yoru blades? That's just weird lol. Can't wait to see this brushless mod though.

Lee

I see you went for the HP05. I wasn't sure whether to go for that or the CO5.

Marc

You shouldn't get any more vibration out of 3/4" more tail. Do you have a chip in one of yoru blades? That's just weird lol. Can't wait to see this brushless mod though.

There is a couple of dings in each of the blades, but they are small and they still balance out. I've got plenty of rod... had to buy two at 40" each so I'll cut another piece of rod longer and see if I can't get a video of each. Most of the vibration while hovering near me seems to be coming from the tail.

I've pulled apart the head just to be sure and neither the main shaft or feathering shaft are bent. The bearings "seem" ok (hard to check those little guys). So I don't know... I have most of the day off so I'm headed out to try and get a video of it.

Marc

I see you went for the HP05. I wasn't sure whether to go for that or the CO5.

I wasn't either, but after watching several youtube videos of the HP05 I figured I'd like to have the extra performance vice endurance. After all I'll be trying any stunts out on the little guy before attempting on the MiniTitan! The HP05 is suppose to eat the stock batteries though, I picked up two 300mAh batteries to try out with it.

Lee

I thought you might have picked up a couple of those 500mah ones Wow are selling. I look forward to seeing what you think of that motor.

Marc

No I missed those! The 300's were from a LHS I passed the other day. Those would probably be perfect.

Lee

They are a perfect fit and CoG is still good with stock setup. I think with the Brushless kit and the punishment i'm gonna give it, the 500's will be great.

Top Bottom