Micro mCP X V2 Redneck Tail Assembly, Temporary Fix for Tail Blow-out

Not my mCP X, but thought I would share it.

Today I went to an indoor fly in that I always go to on Sundays. A few months back, I was doing 3D with the V2 without problems, tail was holding great. However, recently, the tail wouldn't hold, at all. I mean 720 degree blow outs on pitch pumps. I reduced collective travel but it didn't help.

So, today I wanted to fly it.... it flies great, almost better than the Nano (when it flies right) so I wanted to fly it again. The tail was doing the same thing, so I decided to go all-out redneck on it:

All I had were 2 other burned out mCP X tails, and a brand new Nano CPX tail assembly. So, I cut the mCP X system off the boom, leaving just the carbon tube. I put it into the frame... I then took the Nano CPX tail boom, plugged it in, the proceeded to TAPE it to the one on the frame. Made sure it was solid and square... it works. And voila! A working absolutely ugly tail boom!

The tail held okay (still blew out) so I decided to do something else. A buddy of mine showed me his tail... 4 bladed tail rotor... kind of. Just two stockers next to each other. You have to cut off the back of one of them in order to get both on.

I put the one I cut on the inside, that way the one that had more gripping the motor shaft held it on better.

I also had a funny collision with a plank
icon_mrgreen.gif

It still blows out some, but it's better than it was before
icon_biggrin.gif

Lee

Nice bit of ingenuity. Sounds to me like your tail motor was dying. Time for a new one. I upgraded my tail to a 7mm motor and tail clamp. Never had any blow outs and its still running strong after nearly two years flying.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was it. He and I (and by he I mean the owner of the helicopter) were looking at the Xtreme Turbo 7mm Tail.

Top Bottom