Matt's (callsign4223) Align 450 Pro V2 w/ AR7200BX Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
The day has finally come, the day my FIRST Align helicopter returns home... Well kinda... I sold this helicopter to Adam here on the forum, and he just sold it to Matt for a BITCHIN' price. Matt turns around and yanks the 3GX off of it and sticks on an AR7200BX. I have always wanted to see one of these in action, and today, I got that chance. Not only that, I helped install it and setup it up (kinda lol) and after this video was shot, I took the sticks on it. Because I didn't want to crash it, and it was VERY dark outside as you will see, I only had it in the air for about 30 seconds and sat it back down. But let me tell you, in that 30 seconds, I could feel the difference from when I first put it in the air. Simply amazing how this gyro makes this helicopter feel! Have a look at let us know what you think. There will be more videos to come!

Align 450 Pro V2 AR7200BX Maiden Flight! - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
And before you ask, on the first spool up, we did trash a gear on the tail. However, we didn't find it until AFTER this flight. It was a single tooth on the gear that rides on the auto gear. You can hear it as it spools down. Matt told me that he will be ordering black gears for it if he can find them.

heli-maniac

looks good
the black gear are easy to find for it ebay has them amain has them and few others
i got some for mine just have not put them in yet

Adam

Very nice matt. ya when those tail blades hit the grass I knew it there goes a gear lol but you had spares. I think beastx just took this hobby to a whole new level

Tony

Staff member
Oh, when I saw that in the camera, as well as real life, I just had to keep it in the video, even though I was talking through it lmao. I'm going to have to take a screen grab out of the original video and put it as a background on my computer lmao.

And yes, Matt did a fantastic job on that flight. better than I did on mine... lmao.

Tony

Staff member
What is it with you UK guy and PC? lmao. But I have to agree. There was some confusion in the setup in the beginning when we were trying to set the tail limits. Then we realized we needed to be in the solid orange light menu and not the flashing light menu. Once he figured that out, it took about 10 minutes to set it up. Very simple.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That looked like a great flight Matt! Yes you need to get all the black gears you can fine. My compleat tail drive train is black gears now on my new bird. Including the main and auto gears.

Adam

Ya when i set mine up matt dont worry you guys got the gryo going wrong direction and i had the rudder going wrong lol at least mine was an tx fix not going into the setup of the gyro. Did you guys go with normal or sport mode.

Derek

That was awesome! That 450 looked really good. and yeah...against the blue sky in the video...that looked awesome!

Well done, Matt!!!

callsign4223

Staff member
Thanks guys, it didn't feel nearly as smooth as it looked.

It's in sport mode right now, but I'm thinking of trying to change it to Transmitter mode so I can control the expo from the TX and change it on the fly with the DX8.

I didn't realize it at first, but I got the TX profile from Tony and it already had Expo and D/R so the controls were VERY mushy when I was flying. It was basically doubled up on the expo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom