Maiden flight of my FPV49v3 Flying Wing

Tony

Staff member
Your wife said exactly what I was thinking, nose heavy. Then, when you went full throttle and it was just barely lifting up, I then though, under powered. I would either lower the weight of the plane, or increase the voltage to the motor if it can withstand it. If not, it's a GREAT excuse to buy a new motor hehe. Tell her I said so :biggrin1:

Derek

Yeah...I think I'm going to build another one and just pay special attention to what I'm adding (glues, tape, etc). I may even see about ordering some 4S packs and run those in parallel instead of my 3S packs. I'm still wanting to order that OS motor for this plane. I'm just having a hard time with the $75 price tag. It may just come down to it though. I really want to have a big, pusher type, flying wing.

Tony

Staff member
Just keep telling yourself, it's a one time purchase. Once you have it, you will have a bitchin motor that you know will push this plane. And, if it will handle 6s, you can run your 500 batteries on it and have a MASSIVE amount of power.

Derek

I'll get the specs for that OS motor and I'll see what I can do. Probably won't be able to do much about it until after we get back from IRCHA but we will see this thing fly this year.

Derek

I just checked on the specs for the Turnigy motor that I have on this wing, as well as the specs for the OS 3820 1200kv. The Turnigy motor will handle up to 5S and the OS motor will handle up to 4S.

HMMMM!!

Tony

Staff member
Order a 2200 2s (if you are running a 2200 3s on there now) and wire those things in series. Should give you some more power. That battery should be pretty cheap.

Derek

I didn't think about that, Tony. Getting a 2S lipo, running them in series would give me the 5S. The flights wouldn't be very long, but at least I could see what this plane could do with the higher voltage. I'll do that.

Top Bottom