Maiden and second flight with on board camera- Inverted at 4:29 and just after.

Bae Hawk

Enjoy guys!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gLYrsLuM90E?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tony

Staff member
Great flight man. And don't worry about the post moderation, it happens sometimes thanks to the software. It will stop after you get a few more posts.

Lee

Nice dude, good job.
I love seeing the ailerons doing there job. Looks a touch twitchy. Can you dial down the expo a little to smooth it out?

Lee

Ok i just saw your other video. Maybe the twitchyness was the tail heavy problem.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHa depends on the way you look at it. Turn up the expo, dial down the effect. :D

Bae Hawk

Thanks for your comments! Second flight was definitly a good time!

Maiden flight was tail heavy for sure, if you noticed the picture with all the tire weights added to the nose of the plane, that did the trick to balance it, battery and esc were already in the nose as far as I could put them. I just have a basic 6 channel transmitter, not all the hoopla some of you guys have, believe me its on my wish list!! I'll just have to cook my wife an unfogettable dinner and who knows maybe I'll get lucky. LOL:surprise:

My next video will be where I loose this plane in the sun and do a nose plant. She's back together, just recieved the new motor yesterday and installed it. The new motor is an 1800kv motor to compensate for some of the CoG issues. Yesterday it was 3 degrees here in Chicago so hopefully in the near future I'll be able to fly her weather permitting.

Well gotta go, have to work today as every day.

wolfman76

excellent flying bae hawk, i live in hammond indiana not that from the chi and it was -1 here yesterday morning plan on going to kickapoo woods this summer to maiden my redtail p-51d mustang with a buddy of mine that flies there with the chicago model masters...

Bae Hawk

Thanks wolfman. I've never been to kickapoo woods so I looked it up, thats a trip! 144 miles south to be exact! I was close to Decatur, Il for my maiden flight in the video-great for this time of year-no crops, just wide open space! Would love to see that p51 bird fly. Does Kickapoo have a flying field, didn't see one on their site? I mostly fly local arounf here in area's that have 4-5 soccer fields grouped together. I've got a Mig15 EPO, my first plane, ducted fan 70mm, i need to get that bird out again, I'll have to post some pics of that one. Its been crashed and repainted a few times but she'll still fly.

Lee

If you don't have EXPO or DR on your Radio, you can make the plane less twitchy by putting the rod link at the servo end into a hole on the servo arm closer to the centre. This will reduce the effective travel. Just a thought if you need it in the future.

wolfman76

I guess it is supposed to be around or on the Chicago model masters airfield that is on kickapoo woods i think is where he flies he says it is big enough to fly turbines on it it has a asphalt runway

Top Bottom