General Lubricate gimbals on TX ?

treff

I wonder if anyone lubricates the gimbals. I have the DX8 TX and the left stick, the collective is getting a little jerky. What sort of lub
do you use. I have also a JR radio and that is still silky smooth even though its years old. Appreciate any thoughts. Cheers

Lee

I have had a random sticky feeling on my throttle stick on my DX8 Treff. I thought it was something in the back getting in the way.
I will be taking my DX8 apart tomorrow for a secret project i'm doing. So i'll let you know what my findings are.
White lithium grease is the normal lube for plastics.

Tony

Staff member
There are two different metal pieces in teh DX8, one for heli's that are smooth, adn one for planes that has a ratchet. I have a video on how to adjust these. You may just need to back off your tension a little bit. However, a silicone grease, like you would use on a one way bearing is what they lube these with from the factory. Really, any heavy grease will work. Have a watch and let me know if it helps.

Part 6 and part 7 are the two that you want to watch.

Rc-Help - Spektrum DX8

treff

Thanks for the replies Lee and Tony. I would appreciate what you find Lee. I was going to give it a good going with WD40 but its not
really a lubricant, it just removes water. I will await to see what you find before I delve inside. I need to get white grease I only have black at
the moment. Cheers both

Tony

Staff member
As long as it's thick grease, you can use it. You can NOT use thin grease on them as it will just run off, and do NOT use WD-40.

Top Bottom