General looking for a new heli head

Derek

Hey Derek, here is a video showing the FBL vs the DFC. Hope this helps.

Fbl head differences 20131006_101856.mp4 - YouTube

Thanks for taking the time to make this video, Tony! That was incredibly helpful. Trying to comprehend "text" is difficult for me at times. Visual aides are always much more useful. Without a doubt...I understand what is being said now. Thank you for that!!!

This is the head i had on my 500 Derek. I was very impressed with the finish and tolerances.
Tarot 500FL Flybarless Rotor Head TL50123 Black [61850] - $38.99 : ooModel.com

Thanks for that link, Lee! That's a great looking rotor head. I did notice that it doesn't come with a swash plate. Now...there is a difference between a flybarred swash and flybarless swash, isn' there?

Sparse

So would the FbL head still work with the 3gx cause after reading and watching the videos I may just pick on up and see if i like that better than the Dfc head I would rather replace a linkage rod than servo gears, after every fowl up i have :cheerful:

Tony

Staff member
Derek, the swash is exactly the same from FBL and FB. The DFC swash, if you look at my video, only has two balls on it, and they are faced a different direction on the DFC head.

Sparse, Any FBL head will work with the 3GX. Just don't try to use a FB head with it, the flybar and gyro will be fighting each other and will end up in a crash. If you do this, let me know what you think of the comparison.

Sparse

Do they have Align fbl heads or just the dfc. I will look in the mean time and see what i can find.

Derek

Do they have Align fbl heads or just the dfc. I will look in the mean time and see what i can find.

I've just done some looking around and it seems that Align only has DFC heads (that being Direct Flight Control, not necessarily Direct From Compass, lol). I've seen Copter-X and Tarot has non-DFC flybarless head but none from Align.

It's rather unfortunate, too. Because of this thread, I'm thinking that I want the non-DFC flybarless head because it would be much cheaper to replace linkages than servos. On the other hand....the DFC heads are really good looking. Choices, choices, choices....

Derek

I spoke with Lee, many months ago, and he suggested and recommended the Chaos helicopters. I've been dragging my feet a bit because of some other projects that I have had going lately. Just now, I did look at the Chaos 600 flybarless and it is not DFC. It's just an awesome looking helicopter, for sure!!!

However...due to recent events, I think my search for a 600 sized helicopter is over. I'll share a video after everything transpires.

Derek

I spoke with Lee, many months ago, and he suggested and recommended the Chaos helicopters. I've been dragging my feet a bit because of some other projects that I have had going lately. Just now, I did look at the Chaos 600 flybarless and it is not DFC. It's just an awesome looking helicopter, for sure!!!

However...due to recent events, I think my search for a 600 sized helicopter is over. I'll share a video after everything transpires.

murankar

Staff member
I wasn't sure if they made a (non)dfc for your align. I think he opted for a black widow at some point.

Derek

Yes, i think Lee did get the Black Widow head. I've looked it, too. It's a very sexy DFC heqd!!!

Top Bottom