Batteries Lipo Question

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So I built a E-bike and the battery's for these things are not cheap. looking at them they are lipos for sure but looks like 13s. Could I wire a 6s and a 7s in series for 13s? I tried a 12s on it and it works well but just wondering.
T

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you can wire those two in series. Just make sure to match up the capacity and draw since they are not the same cell count. Keeps it from draining one faster than the other.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok cool, seemed a bit funny to me but it will save us a bunch if I could make one. The battery's are like 400 bucks and up... crazy. They might be smart battery's. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
As long as you put something on the batteries so that you don't over discharge them, you should be fine. The only reason I say to match the other numbers (which isn't actually needed) is to keep one battery from getting hot while you are running them. I now someone is going to come in here and complain that you don't need to match mah and c, but I feel better when the smaller battery has the same mah and a higher c lol. Call me crazy lmao.

Top Bottom