Batteries Lipo Ouch! :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
When I purchases my Fossil FGSX 210 I never ordered the battery tray that goes with it. Well today it would of been handy to have and I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good battery :( IMG_2364.JPG I'm in the process of making a skid plate for the battery. lesson learned.

Tony

Staff member
How exactly did that happen? It only looks like some rash so it should still be safe thankfully. But would definitely like to know how that happened lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was cruising around the corner pretty close to the ground and clip a branch. It drove the quad down in the dirt road. As you see the battery sits underneath the quad IMG_2368.JPG I didn't know that the battery tray was an extra when I purchased the quad. I never did end up getting a tray so I just made a skid plate to protect the battery from this ever happening again. For the battery, the picture doesn't show the crush corners of all 4 cell. So rather taking the chance if/if not catching on fire I just got rid of it. I had 2 new ones for back up anyway. So I'm good to go again.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I see. That is how I mount all of my batteries and I have never used a plate under them. I guess I might should think about doing that lmao.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I got around to making a skid plate for my battery. Nothing fancy but I used a thin but light weight metal. Padding to protect the battery from the metal that came with the battery shipping box . I try crashing it a few time to make sure it does it job. It works and good enough for me :)IMG_2378.JPG

Top Bottom