Batteries Lipo battery restriction

Heliman450

Hi D.O.G., thanks for your insight. I'm going through the feedback and summarising the ideas and it's looking good for my management regime.

I like your ammo boxes. Size looks perfect, I had in mind something bigger than you've got as I have no real experience of such things. As Steve said, I also would have looked in E-Bay but I'm not a great internet fan for buying stuff. i much prefer to see someone before parting with my hard-earned.

murankar

Staff member
I was going to say that if you were in the USA any outdoor/hunting store that sells ammo will usually sell the cans too. But being your on the other side of the pond I am not sure how available ammo cans would be for you. If you do some searching you can find metal boxes that are somewhat airtight that will work the same.

Heliman450

I was going to say that if you were in the USA any outdoor/hunting store that sells ammo will usually sell the cans too. But being your on the other side of the pond I am not sure how available ammo cans would be for you. If you do some searching you can find metal boxes that are somewhat airtight that will work the same.

I had heard of guys using ammo boxes but decided on the fire resistant document box (link in thread #13). I don't close it when in use as the lid is air-tight but provides a good protection for the panelling behind the cupboard it stands on if something untoward should happen.

When not in use I just put the multiple cables in it to store them for next time. I have a drinks cooler in my workshop and in future will store my batteries there once set up with the correct voltage. Currently I have more batteries than I really need (3 per 450-sized 2 for the 550) as I don't fly both my 450's at the moment but that's another story.

Cheers Matthias!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi D.O.G., thanks for your insight. I'm going through the feedback and summarising the ideas and it's looking good for my management regime.

I like your ammo boxes. Size looks perfect, I had in mind something bigger than you've got as I have no real experience of such things. As Steve said, I also would have looked in E-Bay but I'm not a great internet fan for buying stuff. i much prefer to see someone before parting with my hard-earned.

Thanks Heliman450. Actually I have 4 batteries for each helis. 12 total just in case I get invited to the park to fly.
Yard sales are fun for me. One mans junk is another mans treasure. You be surprise what people in general get rid of. Matter of fact I'm going tomorrow "Junking" that's what i call a yard sell. You never know what you might find.

Top Bottom