450 Lipo Battery Questions

mousie

Looking to get some new batteries for my new 450 chaos build. I see HK has them on sale and was wondering what is the best bang for your buck. Right now I have been using the turnigy 2200 mah 3s 25c. Can I use a bigger mah rating like a 2650 and a bigger c rating. And please explain the difference. I do have plenty of room for a bigger battery. Also would the esc need to be bigger, using a align 35a right now. Just looking to get some longer flight time.

Tony

Staff member
2650mah batteries are a very tight fit, but you can do it. However, I would suggest a 2200mah 40c or higher battery. The C rating is the discharge current and you should get as high of a c rating as you can afford.

Derek

Yeah, I think the 2650 would be really tight under the canopy. I suppose you could try it. Based on what I see on the Align website, a 2300mah lipo is the largest "mah" suggested.

cml001

Pulse 2250 45C... They r awesome... I idle up upon lift off and get 5min flights.. Plus landing time... Extra little bit I guess and that keeps the 80% rule in check.. Round $30... Something like that... Anyhow I find them to be pretty damn good.

Tony

Staff member
Matt (callsign4223) had the 2650's in his 450 (my 450 now lmao) and he had to pull on the canopy pretty hard to get it on. Again, I would highly suggest sticking with the 2200's. Yes, it's slightly less flight time, but it's less wear on the electronics.

Slobberdog

Our good freinds at HK do the Zippy compact 2450 3s and they are only slightly bigger so if you do want to go bigger I recon that might be the best compromise

Top Bottom