Left a bit

treff

WOW! Nice pics Westy. I once flew with a hair brain pilot many years ago. He hovered the heli right on the arm of one of those high pylons then insisted I got out to take a picture of him flying. I tried to decline but the guy insisted. Brown trousers day LOL. I found out later this guy used to do th flying in the James Bond films.
More than one screw loose I'm sure. He could knock a paper cup of coffee over with the skids on a low pass. Nuts! Cheers.
PS Love the engineers earth when he clips on. The static is deadly I believe.

Last edited:

Stambo

Now that is some serious pilot skills.
Especially the second one with the cable pull.

Westy

LEGEND
yeah .... sure is ..... no movment for error there ... SEND YOUR BEST PILOT ... would be an understatement of the year!

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Now I know why I loose power so often:shame: Looks like a tough job, that I wouldn't care to do (way to scary).

Dirk

Cool! Reminds me of two not so clever Jet Ranger pilots a couple of years ago here in Cape Town who thought that it would be very cool to get a tight-rope walker to walk from one hovering Jet Ranger to the other one. They ran a rope from the skids of one heli to skids of the other heli. The 2 helis were parked side by side with about 20 metres between them. The rope walker was sitting in the door of one of the helis while they both took off into a hover. That all went fine until they decided to start pulling the rope tight to allow the dude to take his walk across from one heli to the other. Things VERY quickly went south from there on. I guess you can only imagine what happened then. The rope pulled tight and the left heli very graciously rolled over to the left and the heli on the right graciously rolled to the right. Their fate was sealed as both experienced dynamic roll-over because the skids of one heli was now tied to the skids of the other heli.( It is the same effect when our model heli's skids get caught on the grass and it rolls over onto its side.) NO amount of opposite aileron can stop the roll over. It all ended in one hell of a big noise with broken blades and severed tailbooms flying all over the place. The two pilots climbed out the two wrecked Jet Rangers VERY red faced (there was a very big crowd watching at the time). I think the poor wanna-be tight rope walker is still on the run!

So yeah, it is not only us who do strange things- like flying into houses - ahem, Westy :poke:

Westy

LEGEND
wow .... pity it ws not on film ... no insurance for IDIOTIC CLOWNS LIKE THAT!

.... oi ..... hahahaha ... Jsut read that last bit LMAO

here were my reactions ....

:cower:...........:hypnotysed:..............:surprise:.............:topsy_turvy:...............:disturbed:.............:offended:..........:worked_till_5am:.............:sorrow:.............:culpability:............:stupid:.................:hopelessness:

and eventually .....

:disgust:

Last edited:
Top Bottom