500 Lawndart 500!!!!!!

wolfman76

well got the 500 in the air again finally was doing good for awhile even kicked her into IU1 did some tic tocs a loop and some piros and a few pitch pumps man let me tell you she is punchy but then the inevitable happened WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN i have video of it and it is uploaded to my youtube but waiting on word from tony if it is ok to put on the forum it has some profanities in it (HEY I WAS EXITED) lol she became a very big lawndart after i lost orientation and completely forgot i had auto bail out on the brain so this was all on me.... BRACE YOURSELVES IT IS ABOUT TO GET GRAPHIC here are after crash photoscrash 1.jpgcrash 2.jpgcrash3.jpgcrash4.jpgcrash5.jpgcrash6.jpg

crash 1.jpg

crash 2.jpg

crash3.jpg

crash4.jpg

crash5.jpg

crash6.jpg

Graham Lawrie

Damn:( that looks worse than mine and mine was nearly a re-kit:) unlucky , been there pal I know how you feel:)

Auto bail out? I have not done this on the brain? How do you set that up?

Lee

Auto bailout is just another word for self level Graham.
Sometimes the two are confused.

treff

Blimey ! is there anything not bent, broken or crushed. Lawn dart ? that dart must have been going very, very fast. I feel the pain.

fhu667

Condolences, and i hope you're smarter than me. I did the same thing twice before I became familiar with the location of my self level button! I also have positive collective mixed into mine, and it has improved my flying dramatically.

Admiral

Sorry to see that, not too much recoverable as far as the frame goes, how did the servos etc hold up?

wolfman76

As far as I know I think the servos are ok haven't checked them yet. Frame pieces need replace obviously bottom plates battery tray rear gyro mount but they all come together bent feathering shaft only slightly but bent bent screw on dfc head where it connects blade grip to swash the plastic ball links at the end of those arms think bent the long elevator link that goes through the auto rotation bracket skid pipes are bent but I might be able to straighten them need to check dfc main shaft.. think that is about it... oh new battery straps but I have a couple and it killed my blue lipo pack kinked it on inpact

Graham Lawrie

Not as bad as it looked:) I thought I had saved my battery it all checked out ok, but tried it recently and lost all power to servos:( bin job I think, not worth the risk:(

Ken Jackson

Kyle, ouch. Listen I have a lot of 500 parts let me put a list together of what I can spare. Then just let me know if you already have any of it. Man I love the orange you had on it. Wish I could have seen it fly. Anyway I'll go through my parts. I know if I have too many more crashes I could ground myself for a while. Anyway my 500 is cherry right now and I'd be more then happy to give you some parts to get you started at least.

What I can offer.
Tail Boom (Sorry not carbon fiber)
Main shaft
Maybe a spindle shaft
I also have a couple of the screws and fittings for the DFC head, what you bent.

I have to say to anyone who doesn't have a DFC head. It is tough and can take quite a bit of abuse. Excellent design and I highly recommend it. Rarely bend either shaft.

- - - Updated - - -

And a bottom plate

Looks like the tail is OK? How about the gears and gear sets?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey PM me that Youtube link.

Top Bottom