Knock Knock! Delivery for Derek!!!

concept30

great video, why did you say that you going change the Deans to EC3's, EC3s are so hard to disconnect, I switch mine to Deans

cml001

Yeah Derek you can get the balance lead plastic cover from them.. I have them and they r great.. U don't have to pull on the wires anymore. They have them for all leads be it 2s thru whatever you've got.. I love buddy rc.. And they are on the phone with u if u need help.. Very knowledgable and friendly.. Great customer service too!

pvolcko

Yeah, they are called "AB Clips" on the buddyrc site, Derek. Great items. I've been using them for a while and love 'em.

Just got to the end of the vid. Yup you got it. AB Clip. Yes, you can pop them off if need be.

Last edited:

Derek

I had never heard of them nor have I seen them until today. Awesome little clips. I'll be ordering them for each of my other batteries.

Derek

Now it will rain for a month so you can't try it. :biggrin1:

It's going to be a while before I can fully try them out anyway. I don't have any batteries to power the goggles nor any batteries to power the ground station. That will be the next purchase (I think). But...I have the Fatsharks now, so that's probably the biggest hurdle to jump.

great video, why did you say that you going change the Deans to EC3's, EC3s are so hard to disconnect, I switch mine to Deans

I'm considering changing my Deans plugs to EC3 plugs because I dont like that there isn't anything to hold on to when I'm disconnecting the Deans plugs so I end up pulling on the wires. I've recently had a few battery and esc wires come free from the Deans plugs. Possibly and probably a poor solder joint (my fault) but I'm just thinking that the EC3's will just be a better choice for me because I'll have more to grab on to when I'm disconnecting the plugs. Personal choice more than anything. Will I regret it? Stay tuned, lol.

Lee

Nice Derek,
I have some of those clips for 3S, but don't have any more 3S batteries :D
Need to order some for all my 4 and 6S packs.

pvolcko

You could use some shrink wrap around the connector body and onto the wires to provide some strain relief for disconnection grip. I've also seen people use shoe goo or similar glues to build up a strain relief at the back of the connector body to give them something to grip for disconnection.

Lastly, if you find that you've got poor solder connections on the deans, then I'd work on the soldering skills before using or changing things to EC3. I find the EC3 pin cups a bit more difficult to solder cleanly (without overflowing the cup and ruining the pin) and it can be more difficult to see the solder joint than on deans connectors where everything is exposed. Deans also allow desolder and resolder without much hassle, compared to the ECx pin cups. Especially if you've already put the ECx pins into the connector housing.

Top Bottom