Ken's TRex 500 with new IKON Gyro

Ken Jackson

Well it finally flies. I bought the IKON last april and built an HK500 TT flybarless. The heli is in a box I hated it. Won't waste any more money fixing it. It left such a bad taste in my mouth that I kind of blamed the IKON as contributing to the problem. My 500 was fine with the 3GX. I decided to rebuild my 450 and use the 3GX on it. Not sure yet if that was the right choice. Time will tell. Her is my maiden flight with my favorite helicopter.

I like the feel of the gyro so far but need to get out and the open and play with some flips, loops and rolls. Then I'll give my comparison of the two gyro's. I tested the Self Level mode before this flight and oops, I didn't get it set right. Always be high in the air when testing the SL for the first time. Still looks pretty stable.

Ken

YouTube

cml001

Kool!.. Post up some close up pics... Let's see her all finished up. Nice flight! We have some talk'n to do.. I'm lean'n towards another BX... But I really want the ikon... Anyhow.. Later for that.. Good flight bud.

pvolcko

Looking good. I'm telling ya', you're going to love the Ikon, especially once you get your flight modes dialed in.

Derek

Nice job Ken! I sure want to go flying but I just can't handle the cold yet, lol.

Ken Jackson

I'm still trying to get some flight time. Of course hard to calculate battery usage in this cold. Anyway I'm thinking I may want a little more head speed. I'm running at 88.87.86.87.88 how does it sound?

Ken

pvolcko

Well, it was snowing for most of it. I got two flights in, but no video. Tried to auto down from 6 ft up on second flight end. Missed the cleared out square on the ground. Cracked a link end and thought that was it. Later inspection revealed a blade delaminated too. So I'll have to check shafts as well.

Top Bottom