Ken 500 Flying Stress Free

Ken Jackson

Been flying planes more lately, saves on Helicopter repairs. But got her out yesterday and felt really good flying it. Learning to fly helicopters first, gave me the skill to also fly planes but flying planes improved my helicopter skills. Not sure about tic-tocs and rainbows or funnels, I'm having fun doing it my way and I'm more about fun, safe and relaxed. I don't see any reason to spend the money learning those tricks. Simulator might help a little but the for real actual flight has to have a learning curve. Most of the guys doing that stuff have corporate sponsors. Wish I could go up closer to that level but I can live with this.

Thanks for watching. Highly recommend recording most of your flights, I have learned a lot from watching replays and seeing where I could tighten up some things and losen up others. You can't see that detail when your flying but sit down afterward and watch and you will remember what you were thinking at different points of the flight.

Ken

Ken having fun felt relaxed - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Coming soon my HK500 with brand new IKON and Hobby King finally are shipping my batteries I paid for on June 5, 2013, estimated delivery date was marked June 8, 2013. They are finally enroute and tracking shows that will arrive at my house tomorrow or friday at the latest. It was quite a battle getting someone there to just send the batteries again. I argued that since they never left the state of Washington (where they were shipped from) how could they say they were shipped. I think getting out of the state your shipping from constitutes actually shipping. Anyway it was very frustrating and I may just avoid buying from them for a while. Can't wait to fly the HK500 TT FBL and IKON Receiver

Derek

You mentioned that you believe flying planes helped your plane flying skills. I have to agree and say the same thing. It's unfortunate that I ran into that "tail" issue that I had for months, so my heli flying went to 0, but I kept on flying my planes. I did finally get my 500 dialed in and I'm looking forward to a weekend of flying both my planes and my 500. Just need to find a camera person because my wife will be working all weekend.

Anyway...Your flight video, above, really looked good. Nice job, Ken!!!

Top Bottom