700 KDS Innova 700

Ghostflyer1

Well guys I went and did it again. I bought me an early Christmas present, the KDS Innova 700. I have the airframe and the electronics mounted with the exception of the ESC and the reciever. Im still trying to figure out where exactly I want to put those. As for the build, mine is a pre mainstream version and some of the changes that will be coming down the pipe if they are not already here. They used the flybar head with a locking coller for the FBL version. This means the 2 phasing pins are still on it.... I removed those on mine. KDS will be realeasing a solid *ie no holes for a flybar in it* head shortly. I also replace the tailboom supports on my with those of a Trex which are much thicker. The auto rotation pully ring uses very short screws and for added comfort I removed them and CA glued them in place along with my fingers *LOL*. Its not going anywhere. The EBAR system which is KDS's FBL unit is very interesting and it comes with the programming interface. After you go through the menu's once or twice you soon find it to be very intuitive. I have heard mixed things on this but reserve judgement until I actually try it for myself. Well thats about it so far I will be posting a build video when I complete it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That's awesome! Are you ginna put a tarot or copterx 3x1000 on it just for funsies.. ? Lol

It's just like tarot but with programming box. :)

Ghostflyer1

I wonder if you can use the programming box on the Tarot. No I am going to stick with the Ebar that came with it. I want to see how it feels compaired to a Beastx

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No it doesn't work.. People have tried. I am following two forums on HF and RCG copterx one doesn't work on tarot. But there is a development .. Tarot's program box came out on eBay. ..

Lee

Dude. I'm very jealous. Maybe one day i'll have the space and the $$$ to buy a 700.
Pictures please. :D

Ghostflyer1

Sorry guys I have been tied up with alot of stuff.... I will get some pictures posted soon. Well here it is April and it has done nothing more than hover a couple of times right before I shot 4 foot flames out of 2 KDS 120HV speed controllers. It seems that monster motor I am trying to use chews them up for breakfast. I bought a CC ICE2 160HV speed controller last weekend as they assure me it will work after sending the motor to them for testing and trials.... Waiting on 2 new pinions to show up as it seems the pinion monster ate mine while the motor was at castle .... I cannot for the life of me remember where I put it.

Ghostflyer1

Re: KDS Innova 700 Pictures

As Requested Here are some of the pics I had on my phone of the KDS 700. Hope you enjoy

2012-02-21 16.33.38.jpg

2012-02-21 16.33.57.jpg

2011-11-27_21.50.04.jpg

2011-11-27_21.49.37.jpg

2011-11-20_22.55.17.jpg

Lee

Nice Eric. I have been contemplating getting a 700. Your opinion on which is best. Chaos 700 or KDS 700?? Also looking at the Goblin, but more window shopping than anything else. :D

Top Bottom