Prop KADET Lt-40

Titch

Hi
Can anyone help me find the part numbers and where to get the backplate and cowling for the above plane. Engine is a OS FX 46 MAX.

RandyDSok

That is a kit made by SIG Mfg. and has been discontinued. Their website for kit parts is at SIG KADET LT-40 KIT PARTS

They do list international distributers but since this is a discontinued kit, the chances of finding parts at one is going to be less likely. I would certainly call any of them before ordering to verify if they have them in stock and what comes with any parts order.

The backplate is going to be part of their fuselage parts... I'm uncertain if the cowling is or not so you should contact them before ordering. Unless the original backplate was completely destroyed, you may be able to use it as a pattern to make another from it using the proper plywood that you can find at many hobby shops. In the old days, cowls were simply often balsa that were formed into a box and the shaped and sanded to their final form, I'm uncertain if you have the clearances to use that as an option or not. I have seen a lot of planes flown without their cowling.

Titch

That is a kit made by SIG Mfg. and has been discontinued. Their website for kit parts is at SIG KADET LT-40 KIT PARTS

They do list international distributers but since this is a discontinued kit, the chances of finding parts at one is going to be less likely. I would certainly call any of them before ordering to verify if they have them in stock and what comes with any parts order.

The backplate is going to be part of their fuselage parts... I'm uncertain if the cowling is or not so you should contact them before ordering. Unless the original backplate was completely destroyed, you may be able to use it as a pattern to make another from it using the proper plywood that you can find at many hobby shops. In the old days, cowls were simply often balsa that were formed into a box and the shaped and sanded to their final form, I'm uncertain if you have the clearances to use that as an option or not. I have seen a lot of planes flown without their cowling.
Awesome. Thanks

Top Bottom