Micro Just Arrived-MCPX BL

Karubah

My new live sim arrived today, a nice little mcpx bl..:tickled_pink::tickled_pink: Got sick of expensive repairs to the Trex 450 trying to teach myself how to fly these things. I have had trouble with oriantation when changing from tail on to head on. I can do it when hovering a few feet of the ground but when trying figure 8s I come unstuck. This little micro ( from all I have been reading ) seems to be the answer to my wallet. Just waiting to charge the battery up and then it's test time out on the lawn. Goodness!! they are small I'll have to get neww specs just to see this thing from 30ft away lol. Cheers Andy:joyous::joyous:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, it will fly out of range of sight very quickly. I do believe you are the first on the forum to get the BL and hope to hear a report on it. I love my mcpx, but I have major issues with mine and can't really fly it. Let us know how it goes.

pvolcko

Yeah, it will fly out of range of sight very quickly.

Boy do they. The difference between reasonable forward (or sideways) flight and "oh my where did it go" is about 1 degree of pitch or bank. :)

Okay, maybe it isn't quite that bad.

Ken Jackson

Yeah, it will fly out of range of sight very quickly. I do believe you are the first on the forum to get the BL and hope to hear a report on it. I love my mcpx, but I have major issues with mine and can't really fly it. Let us know how it goes.

I had mine for two weeks, loved it. Lost it in the wind, disappeared in the woods. $200 bucks poof gone. Anyway wouldn't recommend the MCPX BL bird for a novice. It has way too much power and is extremely fast. You will go through skids and canopy's for sure. I set up my own dual rates so I could just hover with it in my house. The settings in the book are too much for indoor flight unless you can do inverted hovers it will be too touchy.

I don't have my mellow out the BL settings anymore. I was so mad at myself for loosing it I deleted the set up from my radio. Had to hide the empty box it was depressing. Yet another learning experience.

Ken
:stupid:

Karubah

You would not believe it!! The battery charger is a DUD!!! I hooked up the battery for its first charge to make sure it was fully charged before first test fly. Well after 4 hrs still not fully charged. The charger that came with it has pulsing green light when charging and a solid green light when fully charged. Gave it another 2 hrs this morning light still flashing so I put the tester on the charger....nothing ...zip . Rang the supplier and they are sending another charger next week. The battery has a different plug to the standard balance plugs so cannot plug into my other charger. Not a good start..??

Stambo

Very nice little heli but if you want a training tool for orientation you could get 5 V911s for the price of 1 of these.
And they are so robust you can crash mid air, one into another and just pick them up and fly again. :)

Ken Jackson

The v911 was a good training Heli but is fixed pitched and won't go inverted. Not an equivalent comparison. Fun little Heli though.

Ken

Tony

Staff member
Oh, it WILL go inverted... It will just pile drive it's self into the ground hahahahaha

Westy

LEGEND
what do you need to go inverted for if you are learning .... ?????? I want one of those little V911 helis .... will be good fun in the winter ... .which is fast approaching ... still waiting on my Quad from Bang good yet! any day now ..... been 3 weeks....

Stambo

Hmmm inverted V911. Let me see what can be done. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can't be far away now Westy, normaly 3 to 4 weeks to NZ.

Karubah

New battery charger turned up today. Charged up a battery and tried a little test flight in the workshop ( to windy outside). Man...this thing is more nervous than a heifer in a paddock full of bulls. Great fun just hovering around the shed can,t wait to get it outside and give it go. CAREFULLY!!!. Cheers A

danhampson

ive been thinking of picking one of these up to practice in the house when the weather is too bad, let us know how you go on.

Karubah

Would not recommend them for indoor use unless your a very advanced pilot or have a very big room. I'm only a beginner so it's outside on the lawn for me...lol

Slobberdog

ive been thinking of picking one of these up to practice in the house when the weather is too bad, let us know how you go on.

I have a trex 100, and to be honest its a handful in a small space, I think its the nature of small heli's, they are just quick,

Also now know that a cp heli of the same size with the sort of power of the mcpx bl, would be nuts, just spooling up my 130x in the living room gives me goose bumps.

Top Bottom