FBL Gyro Jr g270 3d

murankar

Staff member
This thing has a massive setup learning curve. At least for me anyways. I just got it put somewhat on the EXI and have the wires ran down the inside of the frame. I discovered the wires are a bit short to run out the back, so I have to run them out a side hole, not to keen on that but thats all I have to work with.

I have a dumb question since I should already know this answer, I got 2 pieces of white sticky foam tape, the pieces are thin; So do I bite the bullet and use both or do I take a chance and use one?

Specs given By JR
Operating Volts: 4.8 to 6.0V (Common Receiver)
Operating Current: 55mA
Size(mm): 8.8(H)x23.4(W)x23.4(L)
Weight: 7g
Gyro Gain: Remotely Adjusted
Tail Lock: Interlocked with gyro gain
Others: Reverse Switch, Zero or low Deadband Switch, Servo Travel, Auto Trim

Just to give you a brief taste

TX settings:
Rudder travel Adjustment Right 120%
Rudder travel Adjustment Left 120%
Sub trim 0
Trim Center
Revo mix 0%
Tail Lock Off

What is deadband?
zero deadband the gyro will be more reactive to small disturbances
low deadband the gyro will be less reactive to small disturbances

murankar

Staff member
Directions say to mount perpendicular to the main shaft. The image shows the cables coming out towards the front of the heli. Can I have them come out towards the tail and still have the same effect?

not mounted yet.

murankar

Staff member
Well I found a video on horizon hobbies for the gyro. I now have it mounted just like in the video and setup was a breeze.

1) install the gyro and plug in the wires.
2) center servo horn to 90* to servo
3) center tail pitch slider
4) setup TX per directions (posted earlier), I set my TX travel to 100% both left and right.
5) plug in heli and wait at least 3 secods
6) give rudder input to watch for binding, adjust pot as needed to eliminate binding. You only have one adjustment so balance travel between both end points.
7) check for servo direction and correction. Make changes as needed
9) go fly heli, first flight needs to be in head hold mode for gyro to set auto trimming.
10) all done.

while I was at the install I went ahead and changed the tail rotor blades, the old ones were a little chewed up from the cement. also tightened the belt a bit and now I will test fly tomorrow if weather is permitting. maybe video maybe not will see how it goes. I am going to reset the gain to 65% and see how it holds, then adjust from there.

Top Bottom