600 Jitters on servos in AVCS mode only

Kevinrc

My set-up new Trex 550E DFC, Futaba 8FG v5.0, RX R6202SBW(in normal speed), 3 GX v4.0.

I sent back my RX for testing where I got it and they put it in 2 different helis with no problems. My problem is when I'm not moving the sticks in Rate mode all is fine I don't ear nothing, once in a while a little chirp from the servos that's all. But in AVCS (HH)mode they chatter a lot more and once in a while they all(cyclic) go up and down about 1/8".

Is that normal?

Btw this heli project is a nightmare for me. When I got back my RX I was going to redo my setup and when the motor started to turn(not hooked up to the main gear of course) I heard a noise and from then on it would vibrate like crazy. Upon inspection I finally notice one of the magnet came loose and is stuck to the next one. My guy where I bought sort of admitted that he gets that from Align motors. So have to send that back for exchange:fatigue:

Kevinrc

Finally found on another forum some guys having the same problem with the 3GX. It seems the "solution" is to downgrade to v. 2.1 which I did and now it's not twitching anymore. Will do the setup and then maybe try 3.1.

Tony

Staff member
How did I miss this thread? lmao. Seems to be happening a lot here lately. I'm glad you got it working and sorry I didn't get to it sooner. Let us know how it goes on 3.1.

Slobberdog

Its a flaw and has been picked up by one of the beta testers for a Align, have been told that they are working on a few issues on V4 and was told to revert mine back to V3.1

pj1969

See you don't get these problems with a TAROT lol, it's funny all the forums are alight with 3gx problems today!

Slobberdog

Trouble is cos Align is so big in the industry, people expect things to be absolutely perfect all the time, and I think people have got into a habit of slamming this gyro, me I have not had to much issues with it, not major ones anyway, and when it's working good for me it feels really good,

Dirk

I have not had any drama with my 3GX. I am running V4.0 and it is behaving. I can't fault the 3GX at all. Had more drama with my Ikon.

Kevinrc

Did my setup tonight. I must say the the aileron servo moves a little bit, it always make noise(I guess normal for Align servos) but it does move ever so slightly by itself. I will try 3.1 to see.

I have a problem adjusting my cyclic, when with my swash leveler everything is 100% level I put the blades to 0° pitch mid stick, but when I turn the blades on the right side and back it's ok but on left and front it's off by almost 1°. i can adjust with the sub trim but then it puts the cyclic out of level. Not sure what to do?

Westy

LEGEND
you cannot do it like that .... No Sub strim is to be used ...... and you can only use the axis (Plane) that you zeroed your Digital PItch gauge.... just do it on that plane only and you will be fine.... so if you leveled and zeroed along the length of the heli ... then you can only use the front plane in front of the heli in the centre line of the chassis. once you have zero by mechanical adjustment on the master blade. MEasure the link length and replicate on the slave blade. then take your gauge off ... and put the slave blade at the front and confirm 0 pitch.

Hope that makes sense!

Kevinrc

Ok I've upgraded to 3.1 and no problems and I've followed Marius thread to setup the cyclic(VERY HELPFUL) and now just waiting to get my new motor back tomorrow. Will maiden it on the W-E if weather cooperates.

Top Bottom