General Jesus bolt boke?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hello all. Every time I get ready to fly I check the heli out to make sure is working properly. Sometime I get an unofficial visit from FAA inspector to make sure the helis are up to par :bellyroll: IMG_0940.JPG this time the inspector didn't catch the broken Jesus bolt and made of prevented my accident today :rolleyes1: IMG_0950.JPG I'm not sure if it broke on impact or not but either way the 450 is up and flying... again

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

holtneil

Hi D.O.G I had a few Jesus bolts snapped on the 450 they are tiny really and dont take much even a tiny crash where you cant see any damage can snap this bolt , glad you found it before you spun it up

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi D.O.G I had a few Jesus bolts snapped on the 450 they are tiny really and dont take much even a tiny crash where you cant see any damage can snap this bolt , glad you found it before you spun it up

I didn't think they break that easily :eek1: I have to check those bolts more offend.

holtneil

Its amazing how much twisting force there is when the main shaft is spinning and the main blades stop, when this happen on the 630 the Jesus bolt was ok but ESC went up in flames and top of main shaft bent and this was a low rpm blade strike

Derek

I think I've been flying helicopters for 5 years now and I've never had a Jesus bolt break. Lucky? Who knows!

Anyway...when I was reading through this thread, it reminded me about a YouTube video that I saw a few years ago. Too Funny!!! I thought I'd share it with you.

Jesus Bolt RC Helicopter Funny - YouTube

Derek

I love the look on the guys' face. The whole situation is really unfortunate and potentially dangerous (as the spinning rotor head comes down) but it's just hilarious.

Top Bottom