It's quiet... too quiet...

pvolcko

Everyone must be out hunting or something.

:)

So... Ebola? Haven't had a good Ebola thread here yet.

Anyone stocking up on canned and dry goods, yet? What's your magic number for reported infections in the US before you start freaking right the hell out? Non-US peeps, you got worries in your area?

murankar

Staff member
Cleveland got hit a few days ago. That's 29 miles west of me. We have 17 that may have come in contact with it.

Will see what happens.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

We had one nurse in Madrid.
If it got really bad, i'd worry more for my wife, as she works for the ferry company that goes between Spain and Morocco.
Africans coming to Europe use this route a lot.

Agree with Graham so far, UK appears OK up to now, and most airports are checking passengers now... I'm concerned about our trip across Europe during Christmas break though, we plan on going to France and Spain in the motorhome. If it gets any worse it might be a trip to Bonny Scotland for 2 weeks.. We also have the worry of Calais port and immigrants trying to get across to UK..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah I am right dab in the middle of Ebola town. My wife works a couple blocks away from the first nurse's and the second nurse's house .. The ones that got infected .. It's nuts.

I am trying to keep cool. But also I have been in and out of planes going back and forth to Central America

This Sunday I leave for Nicaragua. So just keep me in prayers that I don't catch in the petridish (called a plane)

callsign4223

Staff member
I'm really not worried about it. Yes, it has a high mortality rate but it's got a very limited infection vector with a readily apparent sign of infectivity.

In my mind this is mostly scaremongering for ratings by the news agencies. The flu killed 6 times more people last year and is exponentially more infectious.

treff

Unless you are in the African countries I think you will find smelly socks are more dangerous

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Haha well, as you said it's nothing to panic about but it's definitely worrying. As cdc and the experts don't really know what they are up against.

Yeah it is still confined to 3 victims in the US. But the way it's being handled is just not looking good.

And , saving the dogs, basically vectors carrying the disease ... I know the animal lovers and activists will parade over me for this, but this is just liability , a loop hole that could potentially get this virus out there affecting more .. Then unlike the flu, it could kill a lot !!

Precautions are necessary. Atleast flu is manageable somehow (without underlying conditions) , this Ebola thing really isn't .. Regardless of what you have or don't. That's what's concerning . Again nothing to panic still. I still used the train system, I am still using local airlines to fly , I still go to work, interact with many people everyday. So no not panic-Ed .. But very concerned :)

Top Bottom