Scale It fits, barely...

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
So, I've been working on this 700 size MD500. Did not want to have to cut the fuselage to fit the motor so hunted for a motor that would fit under the glass. Found it in this Xnova 4530 at 56mm high. Only a couple of millimeters of clearance but it doesn't hit. Not the most scale looking but better than it sticking out. One problem solved lol. I will post the finished project when I get there. Still waiting on parts...
T

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Only a couple of millimeters of clearance but it doesn't hit.
Snug as a bug in a rug huh? Be careful just because it barely fits and nothing hits when not in flight, that might be a different outcome once the bird is in the air. The RPM and the vibration of the Heli motor might accidentally end up rubbing. Something to think about :thinking:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, indeed I have thought about that. Once I get the speed control, I can do some more test on the bench. The mechanics on this are braced at the top of the fuselage so that will help. Still waiting on blades as well so it may be a while. I will need to fly the mechanics outside the fuse first and make sure its smooth. This project has been a challenge to say the least.
T

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Snug as a bug in a rug huh? Be careful just because it barely fits and nothing hits when not in flight, that might be a different outcome once the bird is in the air. The RPM and the vibration of the Heli motor might accidentally end up rubbing. Something to think about :thinking:
Interesting point , would never have thought that:numbness:.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
My bigger concern is air flow. Xnova motors are known for running cool. I'll have telemetry on it hopefully it will work out. Worst case I'll have to open the top of the canopy. Here's a photo of what one guy did. Not the end of the world but not preferable.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom