450 Is training gear causing my crashes?

Sparse

the swash plate is to be level at mid stick, and mid stick only. if you are level through the whole range of travel it confuses the 3gx, and causes a cyclic drift. and will make the heli act funny.

Powerdyne

the swash plate is to be level at mid stick, and mid stick only. if you are level through the whole range of travel it confuses the 3gx, and causes a cyclic drift. and will make the heli act funny.

Most flybarless controllers have this tendency. My Tarot ZYX, and CopterX 3x2000 ar this way. swash dead level at mid and high stick, but the right aileron drops when at full negative. The reason is that the gyro has to compensate torque when lifting off. It drove me nuts during setup that my swash would tilt right when the collective was below mid stick. It went against everything I had learned with a flybar head. It's just part of the way the gyro compensates when on the ground to keep the heli stable as it gets light on the skids. Once at mid stick the gyro keeps the swash level with no stick input.

It's weird, but it works.

Top Bottom