Iracing, Would You Watch?

Tony

Staff member
I had removed this section since it was never getting used, but decided to tuck it here in the Lounge forum to get some opinions. I am thinking about getting some new tracks and some new cars (dirt and paved) and was wondering if any of you would watch the live streams if I put them on here? I enjoy iRacing, but just doing it to do it seems like a rather poor use of my time. But if I can do it to entertain others, then it becomes worth it. So post up and let me know. Hell I might even try to get into some road racing which I absolutely suck at lol.

Tony

Staff member
iRacing is an online racing simulator for people from all over the world. There is no AI in this sim, it's all real people that race on the track.

Tony

Staff member
You can use a mouse and keyboard, or even a controller, but to be competitive you really need a wheel. You can definitely tell those that don't have a wheel in the game lol.

bigone5500

I'm sorry to report that my system does not meet the minimum requirements for running iRacing. If I can figure out how to increase my video memory on the HD4000 graphics then it will work.

Tony

Staff member
You don't have to run to watch. I planned on live streaming the events. Yes, doing it is much more fun, but I"m just wondering if anyone will actually watch it lol. But yes, you do need a pretty good GPU to run that sim. And if you are wanting to run dirt, you will need a little better than "really good" one for the track changes and dust particles.

bigone5500

I thought it would be fun to join in. And at the monthly price, if I didn't like it I wouldn't be out much.

To answer your question, I would watch the live streams.

RandyDSok

I'm sorry to report that my system does not meet the minimum requirements for running iRacing. If I can figure out how to increase my video memory on the HD4000 graphics then it will work.

If you are talking about the Intel HD4000 ( AMD also has a HD 4000 series of video cards ) ... then look through the options in your system's BIOS settings. Some manufacturers don't allow users to make changes to that setting and if you can't find it in yours, then you are out of luck since that is a GPU that is built into the Intel CPU you have.

If your system is a desktop... You can probably add a better video card to the system if it has an expansion port for that ( usually a PCIE port these days ). Video cards do not have a place to expand their memory later... you buy the card with the amount of memory you want.

bigone5500

Ooga booga... me got isa dialup modem.

It's an alienware m18x R2. Has 2 PXIE ports. I had an nVidia GeForce GTX 675m but it quit. Stupid thing cost me enough that it should have lasted longer than that.

Tony

Staff member
You can get as low as an 240 card and run. I know because I have one in the cheap rig I have and it runs iracing.

bigone5500

Best card that will fit this laptop is the 680m. Nothing larger as it can't fit the heatsink. I got other stuff to spend money on right now. I really want to get my 270 fixed but I keep buying other stuff like gas and paying bills...when will I learn???

Top Bottom