General Ipod touch/Iphone blade pitch adjustment

Lee

Guys,
I got an Ipod touch for my birthday from my lovely wife. I wanted to see what i could use it for on Heli set up.
My first app download (after Angry Birds) LOL was a bubble level. Thought i'd have a go at blade pitch and cyclic pitch set up. Heres how it went.

First, calibration of the level. This can be done on the top of the button or head if its flat or between the two frame halves. I used the head button.
attachment.php

Then to find blade pitch, i just rest it on top of the blade grip and move my pitch control to find the angle.
attachment.php

Then for cyclic pitch i eyed up the bottom of the swash while holding full Aileron or elevator.
attachment.php

Lucky for me i didn't have to adjust anything, as it was set to the desired range.

100_2594.jpg100_2593.jpg100_2592.jpg

100_2594.jpg

100_2593.jpg

100_2592.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Works sometimes... My helis don't have a flat spot on the blade grips... Only my 450 does. But it's too small. Lol.

My 600's both have circular or ridged blade grips. Lol doesnt work for me :(

I tried some more apps for blade pitch. One paid app too. (that the maker let me download for free ;) ) but all those apps don't really work so well. Background has to be perfect and distance and angle. Lol

Lee

It was simple to do. If you dont have a flat grip then you can line it up with the seem on the end of the blade.

attachment.php

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
This is a great idea Lee. I have this same type of app on my Android (Droid X) ... I haven't used it in this method, but it should work pretty peachie :biggrin1:

Top Bottom