Introduction

Stan Blum

Hi fellow flyers. I'm new to this forum and not the greatest on a computer. I've be doing RC Helicopters and planes for 37 years. I am retired and enjoying the hobby I started at age 5 with my Monogram piper cub kit and a tube of Ambroid glue. My newest adventure is an Align 600pro with the CGX3 and of course learning how to set it up. Tony 's tutorials have given me insight but today I made a grave mistake by letting the club expert who incidentally check the Heli over in his work shop test it. Somehow the roll compensation got reversed from the original Dir set up and the bird rolled over to its death. It's all part of the hobby which I love.
My area of knowledge in the hobby has to do with building and repairing airplanes but I'm terrible at scale details. I just don't have the patience. I like ARFs. As my flying skills have gone down due to age, I've gone to flying mid size electrics and very conservative Heli flying. The 600 with it's three axis gyros and the wide range of control it affords should help me keep flying helicopters safely. This will be my l5th copter over a span of 34 years. I wear them out

Be safe and healthy out there, Stan:peaceful:

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum Stan! Sucks about the helicopter though. Things like this happen though, just happened to me not too long ago on my 450 when I moved the gyro and forgot to reverse the elevator. It tipped to it's death as well. Build, fly, crash, rebuild, fly again. That's the name of the game!

:welcome1:

Lee

Welcome Stan.
I have a 600 in the hospital as well, waiting for a donor :D

Derek

Hi there, Stan! Welcome to the forum! A really nice thing about this hobby is that the hobby doesn't care about your age. As long as you are having fun...you are doing something right. If you have pictures or video of your aircraft...post them up. We like to see what everyone is flying.

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
Welcome aboard Stan... like Tony stated "build, fly, crash, re build, summarizes this hobby pretty well.

Top Bottom